Revision as of 15:30, 23 August 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-23
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-23
John L, Karen M, Chuck B, Jess G, David W, Carl A, Nitin D, Chuck B, Konstantin K, Kaloyen R, Larry D, Amy W, Kate P, Tim D, Peter M,
- JDJ Reader's Choice Awards Announced
- Dates for Europa Winter Maintenance announced
- Wayne Beaton needs project specific information for a tutorial titled "The Europa World Tour" to be delivered at EclipseWorld 2007.
- This month's Bug Day is August 31.
- The goal is to finish these by end of M1. Target the first one for next week.
- Progress on Bug Backlog To Do's (Maybe we should add a date to the query to only show true backlog bugs?)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs (7/26/07 - 256; Last week - 231; Currently ~ 233)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 164; Currently ~ 164)
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached (7/26/07 - 134; Last week - 127; Currently ~ 130)
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 85; Currently ~ 85)
- Untargeted Enhancements Add "helpwanted" keyword if not in plan. (7/26/07 - 550; Last week - 490; Currently ~ 496)
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 374; Currently ~ 376)
- Project/Component Leads: Please update the bugzilla for enhancement requests planned for 3.0 to include the keyword, plan. This will help in getting an accurate list of the work from the query on the Requirements Main page.
- Complete WTP 3.0 planning by middle of September with feedback from community taken into consideration.
- Web Tools Platform Release 3.0 Requirements - Defines the overall themes and structure for capturing component requirements.
- Common Project Inventory
- Please update the inventory wiki.
- M1 Schedule
July 2007 - August 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 20
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 3.0 M1
- Build Status
- Versioning Fixes? Good enough for M1. See David's note on being more strict on versioning tests to show these issues earlier in the cycle.
- Tomcat to Jetty changes? Not going to make M1
- Tabbed properties view changes? Done
- JUnits passing? Yes
- New and Noteworthy preview.
- Please smoke test the latest WTP 3.0 S build to declare the M1 milestone.
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 M1 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~1)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~131)
- 3.0 M1 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~1)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M1 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~16)
- 3.0 M1 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~5) By Assignee
- Aug 10 RC1
- Aug 17 RC2 (only if needed for blocking bugs or major regressions)
- Aug 24
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- Aug 10 RC1
- Build Status
- JUnits? Passing.
- Please sniff test the final WTP 1.5.5 build in preparation for officially declaring next week.
- Test Plans and Results
- Please update the WTP Release 1.5.5 Functional Regression Test.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~1)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~0)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~0)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~83)
- All Bugs Fixed in 1.5.x Releases
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~59)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Schedule - Details...
- Aug 31 M Build
- Sept 07 RC1 (PMC approval 1 votes)
- Sept 14 RC2 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 21 (if necessary, PMC approval 3 votes)
- Sept 28 2.0.1 GA
- Aug 31 M Build
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choose as well. We may need to reorganize map files slightly and we can investigate that on a case by case basis. This is intended to be a living document and open to evolutions and improvements.
- Build Status
- JUnits? I failure in J2EE
- No 2.0.1 build declared this week.
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.1 Targeted Bugs (~155)
- 2.0.1 Hot Bug Requests (~1)
- 2.0.1 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0.1 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0) Starts August 31st...
- 2.0.1 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~2)
- 2.0.1 Blockers/Criticals (~5)
- 2.0.1 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~74)
- 2.0.1 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~22)
- 2.0.1 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~8) By Assignee
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~128)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~807)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3373)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~37)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~236)
- All API Requests (~9)
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
- Working on fixes for 2.0.1
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- By ownership, this means you are responsible for sanity checking the current suite of tests, ensuring they are proper in timeliness and accuracy, and then making sure each week there are no regressions and that they are still running properly.
- Performance Test Owners
- wst-common - Konstantin
- wst-css - Nitin
- wst-html - Nitin
- wst-server - Angel
- wst-wsdl - Valentin
- wst-xml - Nitin
- wst-xsd - Valentin
- jst-j2ee - Carl
- jst-jsp - Nitin
- jst-server-tomcat - Angel
- jst-ws - Kelvin Cheung
- jst-jsf - Raghu - to be added in 3.0
- jpt - Neil - to be added in 3.0
- Latest Results
- WTP 2.0
- Known Issues
- Performance Test Bugs and Enhancements
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have drastic performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development