Difference between revisions of "2007-08-16"
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
=== Announcements ===
=== Announcements ===
*Please review the [http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.4M1-200708091105/eclipse-news-M1.html Eclipse Platform 3.4 M1
*Please review the [http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.4M1-200708091105/eclipse-news-M1.html Eclipse Platform 3.4 M1 and noteworthy].
Revision as of 10:28, 13 August 2007
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-16
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-16
- Please review the Eclipse Platform 3.4 M1 new and noteworthy.
- The goal is to finish these by end of M1.
- Progress on Bug Backlog To Do's (Maybe we should add a date to the query to only show true backlog bugs?)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs (7/26/07 - 256; Last week - 236; Currently ~241 )
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (~167)
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached (7/26/07 - 134; Last week - 124; Currently ~126 )
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2007 (~85)
- Untargeted Enhancements Add "helpwanted" keyword if not in plan. (7/26/07 - 550; Last week - 496; Currently ~500 )
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (~374)
Still waiting on plans from Eclipse for the Ganymede release schedule, but anticipate us to follow their 6 week milestones by 2 weeks for the first 3 milestones.
- For information on the iterative gathering and defining of requirements for this release, see the WTP 3.0 Requirements Wiki.
- Web Tools Platform Release 3.0 Requirements - Defines the overall themes and structure for capturing component requirements.
- Community Review
- We will be hosting a conference call on the WTP 3.0 Requirements on August 14th at 11.00 AM PST. This is an opportunity for the community to get clarification, give feedback on the requirements. Each project should nominate a representative to attend the meeting. The details of the call are located on the Requirements Wiki page.
- Bugzilla update- Include the keyword, plan in the enhancement requests so that they are picked up by the queries listed in the Feedback section of the Requirements Wiki page.
- Planning - The next step will be WTP 3.0 planning, and we expect this to be ongoing through end of August and middle of September with feedback from community taken into consideration.
- By ownership, this means you are responsible for sanity checking the current suite of tests, ensuring they are proper in timeliness and accuracy, and then making sure each week there are no regressions and that they are still running properly.
- Performance Test Owners
- wst-common - Konstantin
- wst-css - Nitin
- wst-html - Nitin
- wst-server - Angel
- wst-wsdl - Valentin
- wst-xml - Nitin
- wst-xsd - Valentin
- jst-j2ee - Carl
- jst-jsp - Nitin
- jst-server-tomcat - Angel
- jst-ws - Kelvin Cheung
- jst-jsf - Raghu - to be added in 3.0
- jpt - Neil - to be added in 3.0
- Latest Results
- WTP 2.0
- Known Issues
- Performance Test Bugs and Enhancements
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- M1 Schedule?
July 2007 - August 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 13
EMF + GEF M1
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 3.0 M1
- In order to deliver an M1, we'll need to look at breaking internally used API changes from the platform, tomcat changes, plug-in dependency ranges, tabbed properties view changes, and decide on a branching strategy.
- We will plan on doing a new and noteworthy, as we should, for every milestone we contribute. Nitin to get started.
- As we go forward, we will have to discuss how we can reduce the two week lag between eclipse platform milestone and the WTP milestone?
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 M1 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~4)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~125)
- 3.0 M1 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~14)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bug Requests (~2)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M1 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~3) By Assignee
- 3.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~12)
- 3.0 Total JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- Remember 2 votes are required for PMC approval for 1.5.5.
- Aug 10 RC1
- Aug 17 RC2 (only if needed for blocking bugs or major regressions)
- Aug 24
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- Aug 10 RC1
- If you fix a 1.5.5 bug, please open a separate 2.0.1 bug.
- Build Status
- Please smoke test the latest 1.5.5 build this week to declare RC2.
- Feature and Plug-in Version Updates?
- Test Plans and Results
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~1)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~7)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~15)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~73)
- All Bugs Fixed in 1.5.x Releases
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~81)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Schedule - Details...
- Aug 17 M Build
- Aug 31 M Build
- Sept 07 RC1 (PMC approval 1 votes)
- Sept 14 RC2 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 21 (if necessary, PMC approval 3 votes)
- Sept 28 2.0.1 GA
- Aug 17 M Build
- Are we clear on branching policy and strategy? Apparently not. :-) Result of discussion is we will table branching until we have the 3.0 plans in place. Note that JPT has already branched.
- All the JST and WST stuff that was part of WTP 2.0 was tagged with a version of R2_0_0. Similarly, JSF and JPT with R1_0_0.
- The releng project is branched to R2_0_maintenance, and JSF and JPT are branched to R1_0_maintenance. Please use these branches for your associated plug-ins, respectively.
- David is working on creating a best practices and policies for branching as a start to incrementally make progress on effectively solving this problem.
- Build Status
- Please smoke test the latest 2.0.1 build to declare this week's 2.0.1 M Build.
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.1 Targeted Bugs (~152)
- 2.0.1 Hot Bug Requests (~2)
- 2.0.1 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0.1 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0) Starts August 31st...
- 2.0.1 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 2.0.1 Blockers/Criticals (~6)
- 2.0.1 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~52)
- 2.0.1 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~18)
- 2.0.1 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~7) By Assignee
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~126)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~763)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3375)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~31)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~237)
- All API Requests (~9)
- Bob F?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development