Revision as of 09:31, 7 August 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-09
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-09
- Progress on Bug Backlog To Do's (Maybe we should add a date to the query to only show true backlog bugs?)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs (7/26/07 - 256; Currently ~236 )
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached (7/26/07 - 134; Currently ~124 )
- Untargeted Enhancements Add "helpwanted" keyword if not in plan. (7/26/07 - 550; Currently ~496 )
- Bugs which need to be updated from the closed remind or later state
- For information on the iterative gathering and defining of requirements for this release, see the WTP 3.0 Requirements Wiki.
- Web Tools Platform Release 3.0 Requirements - Defines the overall themes and structure for capturing component requirements.
- Let's review the submitted features and logged enhancement requests in bugzilla as updated in the requirements document for this release.
- Team Leads should update their status on this page.
- August 7th - We will sign off on component lead and committer input and take forward for community review.
- Planning - The next step will be WTP 3.0 planning, and we expect this to be ongoing through end of August and middle of September with feedback from community taken into consideration.
- By ownership, this means you are responsible for sanity checking the current suite of tests, ensuring they are proper in timeliness and accuracy, and then making sure each week there are no regressions and that they are still running properly.
- Performance Test Owners
- wst-common - Konstantin
- wst-css - Nitin
- wst-html - Nitin
- wst-server - Angel
- wst-wsdl - Valentin
- wst-xml - Nitin
- wst-xsd - Valentin
- jst-j2ee - Carl
- jst-jsp - Nitin
- jst-server-tomcat - Angel
- jst-ws - Seng
- jst-jsf - Raghu - to be added in 3.0
- jpt - Neil - to be added in 3.0
- Latest Results
- WTP 2.0
- Known Issues
- Performance Test Bugs and Enhancements
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- M1 Schedule?
July 2007 - August 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 06
EMF + GEF M1
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 3.0 M1? Is this feasible?
- In order to deliver an M1, we'll need to look at breaking internally used API changes from the platform, tomcat changes, plug-in dependency ranges, tabbed properties view changes, and decide on a branching strategy. Is this feasible by August 24th?
- As we go forward, we will have to discuss how we can reduce the two week lag between eclipse platform milestone and the WTP milestone?
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 M1 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~4)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~112)
- 3.0 M1 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~13)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bug Requests (~2)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M1 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~3) By Assignee
- 3.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~12)
- 3.0 Total JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- Remember 2 votes are required for PMC approval for 1.5.5.
- Aug 10 RC1
- Aug 17 RC2 (only if needed for blocking bugs or major regressions)
- Aug 24
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- Aug 10 RC1
- If you fix a 1.5.5 bug, please open a separate 2.0.1 bug.
- Build Status
- Please smoke test the latest 1.5.5 build this week to declare RC1.
- Feature and Plug-in Version Updates?
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~1)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~4)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~5)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~20)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~58)
- All Bugs Fixed in 1.5.x Releases
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~65)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Schedule - Details...
- Aug 17 M Build
- Aug 31 M Build
- Sept 07 RC1 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 14 RC2 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 21 (if necessary, PMC approval 3 votes)
- Sept 28 2.0.1 GA
- Aug 17 M Build
- Are we clear on branching policy and strategy? Apparently not. :-) Result of discussion is we will table branching until we have the 3.0 plans in place. Note that JPT has already branched.
- All the JST and WST stuff that was part of WTP 2.0 was tagged with a version of R2_0_0. Similarly, JSF and JPT with R1_0_0.
- The releng project is branched to R2_0_maintenance, and JSF and JPT are branched to R1_0_maintenance. Please use these branches for your associated plug-ins, respectively.
- David is working on creating a best practices and policies for branching as a start to incrementally make progress on effectively solving this problem.
- Build Status
- No 2.0.1 M Build declared this week.
- Bug Lists
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~99)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~738)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3329)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~30)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~227)
- All API Requests (~9)
- Bob F-?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development