Revision as of 16:05, 26 July 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-07-26
John L, Nitin D, Chuck B, Raghu S, David W, Carl A, Larry I, Bob F, Kathy C, Kostantin K, Kayolan R, Neil H, Larry D, Angel V, Valentin B, Amy W
- "Eclipse Europa: Eureka! Multiple projects, on time and (probably) under budget"
- CruiseControl updated from version 2.5 to version 2.7 for various bug fixes and enhancements. Please let David know any odd behavior.
- The news feed for the Web Tools Platform (WTP) project is ready. The new feed supports rich content, such as images and links, as well as permalinks back to the news archive.
- Progress on Bug Backlog To Do's
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached
- Untargeted Enhancements Add "helpwanted" keyword if not in plan.
- Bugs which need to be updated from the closed remind or later state
- WTP downloads and committer build page issues and missing 1.5.x builds. David is investigating 195692.
- Community outreach Bug Day. Teams wishing to participate should sign up at this month's wiki page by the 26th.
- Nitin is contact for JST and WST for first bug day and will post an announce to the newsgroup. Other committers should join as well. A key activity will be triaging bugs, i.e. making sure a bug has enough information to reproduce and possibly to attach a patch.
- This is a great chance for WTP to start doing a better job of engaging and interacting with the open source community.
- Thanks to Cameron for signing up for JSF.
- For information on the iterative gathering and defining of requirements for this release, see the WTP 3.0 Requirements Wiki.
- Web Tools Platform Release 3.0 Requirements - Defines the overall themes and structure for capturing component requirements.
- Let's review the submitted features and logged enhancement requests in bugzilla as updated in the requirements document for this release.
- August 7th - (Delayed one week) We will sign off on component lead and committer input and take forward for community review.
- By ownership, this means you are responsible for sanity checking the current suite of tests, ensuring they are proper in timeliness and accuracy, and then making sure each week there are no regressions and that they are still running properly.
- Performance Test Owners - Are these still correct?
- wst-common - Konstantin
- wst-css - Nitin
- wst-html - Nitin
- wst-server - Angel
- wst-wsdl - Valentin
- wst-xml - Nitin
- wst-xsd - Valentin
- jst-j2ee - Carl
- jst-jsp - Nitin
- jst-server-tomcat - Angel
- jst-ws - Seng
- jst-jsf - Raghu - to be added in 3.0
- jpt - Neil - to be added in 3.0
- Plans, Disciplines, and Weekly Reports for WTP 3.0
- Latest Results
- WTP 2.0
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Web Service tests still do not present results.
- There is a test which is hanging and needs to be manually killed. Believe it is the ValidateOAGISXSDTestcase. Opened 197862.
- Graph only plots current results, not baseline results.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run performance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- M1 Schedule?
July 2007 - August 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 23
Declare I Build?
Start component lead change approval
Declare I Build
Write tests and produce FVT driver
FVT and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 3.0 M1?
- There will be some code work just to declare M1 as functional. For example, the platform has removed the tomcat plug-in and there are other plug-in prerequisite version ranges which will need to be updated.
- M1 Themes - Each milestone we will have general, cross project themes. Open to suggestions like performance, accessibility, adopter readiness, etc.
- Evaluate non-API use and ensure requests are open if our code cannot be changed.
- Fix pre-req ranges where we are API clean.
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 M1 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~1)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~43)
- 3.0 M1 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~10)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bug Requests (~2)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M1 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~3) By Assignee
- 3.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~12)
- 3.0 Total JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- Remember 2 votes are required for PMC approval for 1.5.5.
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 RC1
- Aug 17 RC2 (only if needed for blocking bugs or major regressions)
- Aug 24
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- July 27 M Build
- If you fix a 1.5.5 bug, please open a separate 2.0.1 bug.
- Build Status
- Please smoke test the latest build to declare this week's biweekly WTP 1.5.5 M Build.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~1)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~12)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~3)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~3)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~5)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~20)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~48)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~55)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Schedule - Details...
- Aug 03 M Build
- Aug 17 M Build
- Aug 31 M Build
- Sept 07 RC1 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 14 RC2 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 21 (if necessary, PMC approval 3 votes)
- Sept 28 2.0.1 GA
- Aug 03 M Build
- Are we clear on branching policy and strategy? Apparently not. :-) Result of discussion is we will table branching until we have the 3.0 plans in place. Note that JPT has already branched.
- All the JST and WST stuff that was part of WTP 2.0 was tagged with a version of R2_0_0. Similarly, JSF and JPT with R1_0_0.
- The releng project is branched to R2_0_maintenance, and JSF and JPT are branched to R1_0_maintenance. Please use these branches for your associated plug-ins, respectively.
- David is working on creating a best practices and policies for branching as a start to incrementally make progress on effectively solving this problem.
- Build Status
- No declared 2.0.1 M Build this week.
- Bug Lists
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~108)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~664)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3323)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~31)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~228)
- All API Requests (~9)
- Logged bug 197910 to track work for the download pages.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- 1.0.1 Maintenance
- Bug/ER triage
- 2.0 development
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development