Revision as of 11:05, 19 June 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-21
- June 15 M Build
- June 29 M Build
- July 13 M Build
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 M Build
- Aug 17 RC1
- Aug 24 RC2
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- June 15 M Build
- If you fix a 1.5.5 bug, please open a separate 2.0 bug and get 2.0 approvals to get the bug into the 2.0 stream as well.
- Build Status
- No declared M Build this week
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~3)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~4)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~23)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~12)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~27)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Please review the Europa Final Daze shutdown plan.
June 2007 Platform +1 WTP Europa GA June 29 June 29 June 29
- Europa To Do's
- Do some install testing from the Europa Discovery Site
- Early remote update site: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/europa/staging/
- Try running WST without installing JDT.
- Try installing everything from RC2 Europa and run through normal scenarios.
- Be sure to also test with different features installed in different locations.
- Open bugs on Cross-Project bugzilla component under Community if you see any issues when installing all of Europa.
- A preview of the release's New and Noteworthy is now available. Components should edit copy and update as needed in case anything in the UI has changed since the original milestones. Please review and update or provide some feedback by Thursday June 21st.
- A known issues and workarounds document will also be provided. Nitin will send a note with further details.
- UI Changes
- We have had an unexpected high number of UI changes during the release candidate shutdown periods.
- For example, in RC3 alone, JSF added 171 new words in one properties file. UI changes this large, this late are unacceptable.
- Breaking Changes
- Breaking changes, even if internal API, are inappropriate, especially during RC's. We have had some breaking changes slip in the past few weeks from multiple teams. If you are not sure if anyone is using the API, run the breakage scan, if you need me to verify for you, let me know. Releasing to a build and crossing your fingers is not acceptable.
- WTP Build Scorecards
- Here is our current WTP 2.0 Release Scorecard
- WTP Component Scorecards
- We will start maintaining a high level picture of WTP quality and stability across all components. The characteristics expected will be different based on whether it is a weekly, milestone, or release build. Please review and add any thoughts or comments via the wiki or by sending an email to wtp-dev mailing list.
- We will send a note about where to add your Europa shutdown functional test plans and results.
- Feedback on scorecards -
- Add comments, bug links, or details links to know why something failed
- Keep list of known exceptions and links to bugs, to provide a light red x, not a harsh red x, for those known failures.
- RC4 declared?
- Smoke Tests?
- Functional Tests?
- Due to the risk of regression we need to focus on testing (especially around recent fixes) and documentation. PMC approval will be increasingly stringent for this phase of the release:
- No last-minute enhancements or completion of function.
- Bug fixes should have patches attached and be tested, reviewed, and risk-appropriate for this stage of shutdown. Please comment on the function affected and risk of regression.
- Bugs will not be approved without review by the component lead. Component leads please add comments and use the bugzilla review flag when raising for PMC approval.
- Bugs now require three positive votes and no negative votes.
- June 15th - June 21st, WTP RC4
June 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 18
Test and stop ship bugs
Test and stop ship bugs
Final Smoke Tests
Declare WTP 2.0 RC4
Testing and Defect Verifications
Europa level testing
WTP 2.0 Shutdown Vote
Test Staged Europa Updates
WTP Officially Uploaded to Europa
Europa GA Declared! Woo Hoo!
- Build Status
- JUnits so far so good.
- Versioning issues compared with 1.5.4 - We still have plug-ins with different qualifiers and that need a service update. Please review the versioning report on the build pages.
- Build Schedule
- We need to shutdown for RC4 one day earlier than normal next week to declare on Thursday June 21st.
- Bug Lists
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~8) By Assignee
- PMC Approved but still unresolved (~0)
- Bugs Fixed in all RC's (~236)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC4 Defects (~12)
- 2.0 Bugs Awaiting PMC Approval (~1)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~1)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 2.0 Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~716)
- 2.0 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~179)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~12)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~79) 52 in J2EE components
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~586)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3074)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~58)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~209)
- All API Requests (~9)
- Java EE 5
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F ?
- WTP 2.0.1 - We will not officially branch to a maintenance stream until 2.0 is declared. For now, you can use your own private branch for 2.0.1 or 3.0 work because we want to keep head pristine as well, just in case we need to rebuild a plug-in and so we can tag all plugins with a 2.0 version before branching. Instructions on branching to follow, not sure if we branch all or branch as needed.
- WTP 2.0.1 will be a Europa coordinated maintenance release, but they have not released that schedule as of yet.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Running Performance and API tests
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development