- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-07
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-06-07
- Long awaited WTP book released!
- Fun Quote of the Day - Gartner predicts, "By 2010, open source will be used in 80% of infrastructure software solutions."
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- June 29 All Component Fixes
- July 13 M Build
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 M Build
- Aug 17 RC1
- Aug 24 RC2
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~2)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~7)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~3)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~22)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~6)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~21)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
June 2007 Platform +1 WTP RC3 June 08 June 13 June 14 2 PMC +1's RC4 June 15 June 20 June 21 3 PMC +1's Europa GA June 29 June 29 June 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - Complete?
- Each component must run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright. J2EE?
- Component Leads - Please update the exception section of the WTP 2.0 Europa Ramp Down Plan with the relevant info and bugzilla numbers for exceptions to M6 feature complete.
- Updates to feature.xml's to pull in required dependencies. JPT? JSF?
- Do some install testing from the Europa Discovery Site
- Try running WST without installing JDT!
- Try installing everything from RC2 Europa and run through normal scenarios.
- Be sure to also test with different features installed in different locations.
- WTP Build Scorecards
- WTP Component Scorecards
- We will start maintaining a high level picture of WTP quality and stability across all components. The characteristics expected will be different based on whether it is a weekly, milestone, or release build. Please review and add any thoughts or comments via the wiki or by sending an email to wtp-dev mailing list.
- Bug Lists
- Due to the risk of regression we need to focus on testing (especially around recent fixes) and documentation. PMC approval will be correspondingly stringent for this phase of the release:
- No last-minute enhancements or completion of function.
- Bug fixes should have patches attached and be tested, reviewed, and risk-appropriate for this stage of shutdown. Please comment on the function affected and risk of regression.
- Bugs will not be approved without review by the component lead. Component leads please add comments and use the bugzilla review flag when raising for PMC approval.
- Bugs now require two positive votes and no negative votes.
- June 06th - June 14th, WTP RC3
June 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 04
Test and fix any blockers
Declare WTP 2.0 RC2
Declare RC3 Weekly Build
Test and fix any blockers
Declare WTP 2.0 RC3
Testing and Defect Verifications
- Build Status
- Smoke Tests - Please start smoke testing the latest RC3 build available.
- Versioning issues compared with 1.5.4 - J2EE has an error in a test plug-in. Please fix for RC2. Other plug-ins have the same qualifier and need a service update, which can be done in RC3, but if it is an overlooked minor update, this needs to be done ASAP in RC2.
- Build Schedule - We will declare a weekly build on Friday June 8th
- The build this week will not be pushed to the downloads site (unless we rename to an I build)
- We need to shutdown for RC3 one day earlier than normal next week to declare on Thursday June 14th.
- Bug Lists
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <RC3 (~7)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC3 Defects (~56)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (~3)
- 2.0 Bugs Awaiting PMC Approval (~5)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~4)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0 Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~660)
- 2.0 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~164)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~92)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~115)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (592)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (3036)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~58)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~229)
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F -?
Bob: Looking for volunteers to test the RSS feed at http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/news/ and provide feedback. (Bug 190069) Would like to discuss promoting this URL as the new home of the Webtools RSS feed.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
- Testing and fix verification
- Updating tutorials (105989&181979) to match 2.0 UI
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Brainstorming 3.0
Web Services Component Team
- WTP 1.5.5
- WTP 2.0
- Smoke tests pending.
- 6 bugs for 2.0 + 10 bugs for 2.0.1.
- 187843 - Under investigation.
- 184299 - Documentation (no code changes).
- 177421 - Fairly serious behavioral issue. Patch ready for review.
- 186429 - Axis2 JSP validation performance issue is under investigation. Use of a workspace modify operation may help. Failing that, will likely have to be deferred.
- 187840 - Under investigation, however, occurs at most once per Eclipse session in a specific sequence of Axis2 scenarios and can be worked around when it happens. Expect this will be deferred, and explained via New and Noteworthy / Readme.
- 187920 - Test plan creation (no code changes).
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Move older builds to archive.eclipse.org and ensure links are updated properly.
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development