Revision as of 15:31, 30 May 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-05-31
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-05-31
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- June 29 All Component Fixes
- July 13 M Build
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 M Build
- Aug 17 RC1
- Aug 24 RC2
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~12)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~5)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~15)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~1)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~16)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP RC2 May 25 May 30 June 05 1 PMC +1's RC3 June 08 June 13 June 14 2 PMC +1's RC4 June 15 June 20 June 21 3 PMC +1's Europa GA June 29 June 29 June 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - Update?
- Use signed plugin jars - This is not a requirement anymore, are we still going to do for WTP 2.0?
- Each component must run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright. J2EE?
- Component Leads - Please update the exception section of the WTP 2.0 Europa Ramp Down Plan with the relevant info and bugzilla numbers for exceptions to M6 feature complete.
- Updates to feature.xml's to pull in required dependencies. JPT and JSF?
- May 25th - June 05th, WTP RC2
May 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 28
Declare RC2 Weekly Build
Test and fix any blockers
Declare WTP 2.0 RC2
- Build Status
- Smoke Tests?
- Build Schedule - We will declare a weekly build on Friday June 1st and all teams should try and be RC2 complete by then. We will leave Monday June 4th for any further testing and blocker bug fixes, but this should try to be avoided. No re-smoke will be necessary if no changes are made.
- PMC Review - One vote required, i.e. "tentative approval" on website
- WTP 2.0 PMC Bugs for Approval Page
- PMC members remember to use the flags instead of the +1 comment!
- Bug Lists
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <RC2 (~62)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC2 Defects (~33)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (~8)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 2.0 Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~590)
- 2.0 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~134)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~142)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~105)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (11)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (552)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2969)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~58)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~197)
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5 - Import/Export of EE5 projects did not make RC1. Will be in for RC2. The common interface for using 1.4 and 1.5 web applications will be pushed out to WTP 3.0.
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F - Added new FAQ for tomcat from Larry and FAQ pages converted to pheonix. Defect about build pages not using eclipse mirrors which Jess will help Bob fix. A news item for a RC1 page with bugs fixed will be added to the website
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Move older builds to archive.eclipse.org and ensure links are updated properly.
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development