Revision as of 12:07, 9 May 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-05-10
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-05-10
- Vote on committer status for Kaloyan Raev from SAP is underway.
- Update site?
- Newsgroup announce and website news update are both complete.
- WTP 1.5.5 is a service release for critical defects, regressions, and adopter issues only. There should be no translation or UI changes, nor should it affect any API reported through the adopter scanning tools.
- Bug Approval
- All bugs must be approved by the normal PMC Approval Process.
- The proposal is that to keep focus on WTP 2.0 shutdown, we don't actually start development until the end of June and don't declare an M build until July 13th. Then, we take the biweekly approach we did in 1.5.4, with a few RC shutdown weeks leading to an August 31 GA. RDB will work throughout May and June since they don't have any 2.0 work and are preparing migration efforts to DTP.
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- June 29 All Component Fixes
- July 13 M Build
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 M Build
- Aug 17 RC1
- Aug 24 RC2
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~8)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~15)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M7/RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RC1 May 18 May 23 May 25 1 PMC +1's RC2 May 25 May 30 June 05 1 PMC +1's RC3 June 08 June 13 June 14 2 PMC +1's RC4 June 15 June 20 June 21 3 PMC +1's Europa GA June 29 June 29 June 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - David to open bugzilla, each component needs to do this for RC0.
- Use signed plugin jars - This is not a requirement anymore, are we still going to do for WTP 2.0?
- Each component must run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright. JSF? J2EE? Server tools?
- Component Leads - Please update the exception section of the WTP 2.0 Europa Ramp Down Plan with the relevant info and bugzilla numbers for exceptions to M6 feature complete.
- Bugzilla process changes
- Use review flag for component lead review
- Committer puts the component lead under review flag with a "?"
- Component lead switches review flag to "+" or "-"
- PMC flag
- Upon further review, the new pmc_approved flag in bugzilla doesn't really provide us any ease of use over the system we already have in place, so for the rest of WTP 1.5.x and 2.0, we will not use this flag. So, business as usual. We can reassess in the 3.0 timeframe.
- April 6th - May 18th, WTP RC0
April 2007 - May 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 14
Function and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 RC0
- Build Status
- EMF and GEF M7 will be declared this week.
- Please smoke test and update wiki to declare RCO I Build.
- Function and Compatibility Tests
- Please plan to take a step back and run some regression tests on any changed areas and function tests on any approved new function. Also, remember to work on closing out bug verifications.
- RC0 New and Noteworthy - See Nitin's note for more information.
- API Violations Review - Cannot underestimate the importance of this in the stability and quality of WTP as a platform. These numbers are embarrassingly high. Each component needs to really get someone focused each week on improving these numbers and opening API requests.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Known Issues
- Investigating possible issue with API violation scan reports with respect to DTP usage.
- Bug Lists
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 RC0 (~19)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (~28)
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <RC0 (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC0 Defects (~145)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~477)
- 2.0 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~80)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~214)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~117)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (1)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (416)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2946)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~60)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~169)
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development