Revision as of 10:15, 18 April 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-19
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-19
- 04/19 - RC released
- PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last two weeks of 04/19-05/04
- 05/04 - 1.5.4 declared
- 04/19 - RC released
- Build Status
- Please smoke test latest build to declare the 1.5.4 RC.
- JEM is now packaged with WTP for 1.5.4 as it is in WTP 2.0
- Versioning issues?
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.4 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~12)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~64)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- 1.5.4 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~1)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.4 Blockers, Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~19)
- 1.5.4 Total Bugs Fixed (~49)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - David to open bugzilla, each component needs to do this for RC0. This is about half done. Stay tuned for more info.
- Move WS bundles to orbit - Goal is end of next week.
- Use signed plugin jars - This is not a requirement anymore, but we will still investigate.
- Component Leads - Take a look at the new New WTP 2.0 Plan document published by Raghu and make any updates for your component. The purpose is to have a good clear picture of what we achieved and what we wanted to acheive but deferred.
- Europa Testing
- Components should start setting up Europa update site test environments where they run smoke tests with many projects other than WTP installed, like Mylar, BIRT, etc and make sure WTP function still works.
- April 6th - May 18th, WTP RC0
April 2007 - May 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 23
Declare I Build
Declare I Build
Start component lead change approval
Declare I Build
produce test candidate
Function and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 RC0
- Build Status
- Please smoke test and update wiki to declare RCO I Build.
- Exceptions to M6 Feature Complete
- We will create "list of known exceptions" by M6 release (4/6), and send to cross-project (or planning?) list. And we'll state explicitly that others after this time (if required) will be handled by PMC approval process in bugzilla. The purpose of this increased review is not to limit committers efforts or creativity, but instead for stability and to keep everyone well informed (both inside and outside the project).
- Component Leads: please update the exception section of WTP_2.0_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Europa with the relevant info and bugzilla numbers.
- Access Rules and new Build Page - see Tweaking the Access Rules for WTP
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Copyright Tools - Let's plan to run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright before we declare RC0.
- Amy - There are two versions of the tool, regular and advanced. The regular only works with the IBM copyright, so if you want to use a different copyright you need to use advanced. It did a good job of ignoring files which already had copyrights.
- Bug Lists
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 RC0 (~38)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (~48)
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <RC0 (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC0 Defects (~145)
- 2.0 Total Bugs Fixed (~327)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~56)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~238)
- Known Issues
- Switch the 2.0 performance tests baseline to be the latest 1.5.x
- The XSD and WSDL tests are not running. Adding them causes the suite to hang. Needs investigation.
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Assign component lead ownership to the specific test suites
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~98) J2EE=34,JPA=13,JSF=7
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (278)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2885) SSE=900,J2EE=650,WebServices=325
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~79)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~183) J2EE=52,SSE=28,WS=21,WSDL=18 Take this as a to do in the upcoming weeks as we shut down 2.0.
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Stay tuned for a suggested generic WTP project level compiler setting to add to every project
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development