Revision as of 15:34, 19 April 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-19
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-19
John L, Nitin D, Amy W, David W, Bob F, Kathy C, Angel V, Keith C, Kate P, Chuck B, Rob F, Neil H, Carl A, Tim D
- 04/19 - RC released
- PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last two weeks of 04/19-05/04
- 05/04 - 1.5.4 declared
- 04/19 - RC released
- Build Status
- We have 5 bugs awaiting PMC approval, we will hold for these bugs and then respin.
- Please smoke test latest build to declare the 1.5.4 RC.
- JEM is now packaged with WTP for 1.5.4 as it is in WTP 2.0. It is in WST currently because WST depends on JEM, but this needs to be addressed in 3.0.
- Versioning issues - David will doublecheck after today's build.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.4 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~12)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~64)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- 1.5.4 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~5)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.4 Blockers, Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~16)
- 1.5.4 Total Bugs Fixed (~49)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - David to open bugzilla, each component needs to do this for RC0. This is about half done. Stay tuned for more info.
- Move WS bundles to orbit - Goal is end of next week.
- Use signed plugin jars - This is not a requirement anymore, but we will still investigate.
- Each component must run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright.
- Component Leads - Take a look at the new New WTP 2.0 Plan document published by Raghu and make any updates for your component. The purpose is to have a good clear picture of what we achieved and what we wanted to acheive but deferred.
- Europa Testing
- Components should start setting up Europa update site test environments where they run smoke tests with many projects other than WTP installed, like Mylar, BIRT, etc and make sure WTP function still works.
- April 6th - May 18th, WTP RC0
April 2007 - May 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 23
Declare I Build
Declare I Build
Start component lead change approval
Declare I Build
produce test candidate
Function and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 RC0
- Build Status
- Please smoke test and update wiki to declare RCO I Build.
- Component Leads: please update the exception section of WTP_2.0_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Europa with the relevant info and bugzilla numbers for exceptions to M6 feature complete.
- API Violations Review - David
- The belief is the platform is solid and there is no need to fix, but in reality, when we move to the 3.4 base, that's when the platform is likely to make internal changes. So if we have internal dependencies, we may be broken out of the gate and lose time in M1. Also, make sure your plugin ranges are correct.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Bug Lists
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 RC0 (~34)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (~43)
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <RC0 (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC0 Defects (~148)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~378)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~62)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~226)
- Assign component lead ownership to the specific test suites.
- By ownership, you are responsible for sanity checking the current suite of tests, ensuring they are proper in timeliness and acuracy, and then making sure each week there are no regressions and that they are still running properly.
- I still need to update the M6 results. But you can run your tests locally or look at the M5 numbers for reference.
- Performance Test Owners
- wst-common - Konstantin
- wst-css - Nitin
- wst-html - Nitin
- wst-server - Tim
- wst-wsdl - Valentin
- wst-xml - Nitin
- wst-xsd - Keith
- jst-j2ee - Carl
- jst-jsp - Nitin
- jst-server-tomcat - Tim
- jst-ws - Kathy
- jst-jsf - Raghu - to be added later
- jpa - Neil - to be added later
- Known Issues
- Switch the 2.0 performance tests baseline to be the latest 1.5.x
- The XSD and WSDL tests are not running. Adding them causes the suite to hang. Needs investigation.
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~97)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (360)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2915)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~60)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~182)
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Kathy - Hoping fot IP approval end of next week. Tutorials submitted and ready to post as well.
- Bob F - Working on converting people pages. See 183225 for discussion on URLs not having parameters.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
- Testing final planned 1.5.4 contribution
- Finishing major 2.0 contributions including new tests
- Updating tutorials (105989,175052,181979) to match RC0/2.0 UI changes
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bugs
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Dali Webinar presentation on Tuesday was well attended (41 total)
- Continuing with bug and enhancement work for M7/RC0
- Dali name-space change will happen early next week: jpa->jpt
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Stay tuned for a suggested generic WTP project level compiler setting to add to every project
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development