Revision as of 10:28, 4 April 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-05
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-04-05
- Friday is a holiday in Canada.
- Interesting discussion about possible removal of remind and later resolved states - 178923.
- Take a look at the new New WTP 2.0 Plan document published by Raghu and make any updates or changes.
- 04/05 - M-build released
- 04/19 - RC1 released. PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last two weeks
- 05/04 - 1.5.4 declared
- Build Status
- Please smoke test latest build to declare as the M Build this week.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.4 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~15) Server=7
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~184) Server=48,SSE=34,J2EE=31,doc=17
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- 1.5.4 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~3)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.4 Blockers, Criticals (~3)
- 1.5.4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~30)
- 1.5.4 Total Bugs Fixed (~14)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - David to open bugzilla, each component needs to do this for M6.
- Move WS bundles to orbit - Pushed back to RC0 to mitigate risks to M6 stability
- Build Status
- Please smoke test and update wiki with approval to declare M6
- New and Noteworthy
- The webtools/development/news/2.0M6 folder has been populated by starter files.
- Committers should post their writeups or alternately attachments can be made to 179645.
- We need this ready for Friday when we declare M6.
- JSF Changes?
- Existing JSF Web applications require manual migration steps? Raghu? Any more info or document link?
- Externalized String Bugs
- Please take these as a high priority. We want adopter products to be able to easily and confidentally translate WTP.
- Adopter Breakages
- The adopter usage scans are updated to show more meanigful results and will soon be run for every build to give more immediate feedback.
- Open bugs against releng if you see issues with any of the tools.
- Bug Lists
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 M6 (33)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (63) Focus on resolving or retargeting these enhancements as the top priority.
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <M6 (~0)
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified (~220) SSE=56,Server=49,Dali=25,J2EE=14
- 2.0 Verified, Not closed (~6)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted M6 Defects (~92)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Targeted Blockers, Criticals (~2)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers, Criticals (~5)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- 2.0 Total Bugs Fixed (~266)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~29)
- Following M6, we will have a shutdown and fix milestone called RC0.
- April 6th - May 18th following our normal pattern of an I build every Thursday, more detailed schedule to come after next week.
- Target RC0 added to bugzilla for Web Tools
- Raghu - Can you add a 2.0 RC0 target for JSF in bugzilla?
- New function will only be permitted to JSF and JPA, and on a case by case approval basis from the PMC.
- Copyright Tools - Let's plan to run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright before we declare M6.
- Amy - There are two versions of the tool, regular and advanced. The regular only works with the IBM copyright, so if you want to use a different copyright you need to use advanced. It did a good job of ignoring files which already had copyrights.
- This work will be deferred to RC0.
- Known Issues
- Switch the 2.0 performance tests baseline to be the latest 1.5.x
- The XSD and WSDL tests are not running. Adding them causes the suite to hang. Needs investigation.
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Assign component lead ownership to the specific test suites
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~67) J2EE=34,Server=11
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (19) JSF=11
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (728) SSE=128,Server=125,J2EE=98,Dali=67,JSF=40,XSD=25
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2865) SSE=900,J2EE=650,WebServices=325
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~78)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~202) J2EE=52,SSE=28,WS=21,WSDL=18 If a patch is invalid, mark it obsolete, and we will filter those out. We will take this as a to do in the upcoming weeks as we shut down 2.0.
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5 - Chuck - The goals below are attainable and progress is being made. Import/Export will not make M6, but will drop in RC0 with approval.
- JEE5 Scenarios
- Runtime support for JEE5 modules - If we have a JEE5 module (Web 2.5/EJB3/EAR) we should be able to run it on servers (Tomcat/Geronimo/Glassfish). Having the server adapters ready to support these modules will also be important, especially for EJB3 and EAR5.
- JEE 5 Model extensibility - This issue has been addressed by Chuck.
- Editing and Tools support: I do not believe our editors(and tools like wizards etc.) will be ready to have full JEE5 support by 2.0.
- Bob F?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Stay tuned for a suggested generic WTP project level compiler setting to add to every project
- Prerequisite Update Rhythm
- Update to previous week's I build on Mondays for platform, EMF, and GEF (if available). Update DTP on milestones or by request.
- Any committer can also request the prereqs be updated at any additional time.
- WTP 1.5.4 is a service release for critical defects, regressions, and adopter issues only. There should be no translation or UI changes, nor should it affect any API reported through the adopter scanning tools.
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- EclipseWorld2007, 11/6/2007-11/8/2007 in Reston, VA. The deadline for abstracts is 4/17/2007.
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- Please come to the meeting with your smoke test results posted to the wiki and ready to vote on declaration of the weekly builds.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Usage Reports and Scans
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development