- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-03-22
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-03-22
- JDJ Awards - Vote for WTP as the best Java EE Application Development framework!
- Eclipse will be rolling out to a new major release of Bugzilla during April
- Bugzilla Flags - Multiple people can set states on a bug like unset (default), request (?), set positive (+) or set negative (-).
- Default CC List for Components - Create a watchlist for a given component
- Custom Resolutions - Mo longer limited to FIXED, WONTFIX, LATER, REMIND, WORKSFORME and INVALID.
- More info here.
- We will investigate further and communicate any process or workflow changes for WTP
- New committer newsgroup to cohesively collaborate committer community communication.
- (What's the last agenda you've seen anywhere with sweet alliteration like that??)
- 03/22 - I-build released
- 04/05 - I-build released
- 04/19 - RC1 released. PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last two weeks
- 05/04 - 1.5.4 declared
- Build Status
- First declared M Build this week. Please smoke test and update wiki if your component has made any changes.
- All bugs must be approved by the normal PMC Approval Process.
- Before marking for PMC review, please be sure you have component lead review and approval documented (or, their delegate). And, as always, include who's reviewed, who's tested, etc.
- An exception will be made to allow fixes for any adopter hot bugs which are not blocking defects, but blocking adopter's usage of WTP.
- If you are up against a deadline, you may release a bug fix which is tentatively approved, given you are comfortable with backing it out if need be. Otherwise, PMC will do their best to stay current with bug review requests.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.4 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~4)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~31) JSF=14, RDB=5
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~168) Server=48,SSE=34,J2EE=31,doc=17
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~1)
- 1.5.4 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~11)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.4 Blockers, Criticals (~2)
- 1.5.4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~38)
- 1.5.4 Total Bugs Fixed (~3)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M6 - API Freeze Mar 23 Mar 30 Apr 06 M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified
- Lump JSF and JPA into the WTP SDK and Runtime zips on download page
- M6 Schedule - Function and API complete for 2.0
Februray 2007 - April 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 26
Start component lead change approval
Declare I Build
Write tests and produce FVT driver
FVT and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 M6
- Build Status
- JUnits are functional again! Any failing JUnits? JEM tests were added.
- Eclipse platform test framework issues?
- Timeout issues?
- Action Items:
- Check if actual results match what you expect, in terms of number of tests, etc?
- Especially you that use "extraVMargs" please check those extra VM args seem to have the desired effect.
- We used to "group" by plugin, but now leave collected per test suite. Are they all showing up? Is there a need to do "per bundle"?
- Compiler Warnings - These are getting out of control. Many are unused imports. We need to resolve these ASAP.
- Should we come up with a generic WTP project level compiler setting and add to every project?
- Please smoke test and update wiki to declare weekly I Build by end of day.
- WSDL EMF Model Plugin version changes - The WSDL EMF model version was properly updated to 1.1.0 and all dependent plug-ins were updated.
- EMF Model Review - Valentin?
- Umbrella bug
- Things like making sure the UML and EMF artifacts are in synch with each other and with the code, regenerating the code to take advantage of EMF 2.3 patterns, etc.
- Copyright Tools - Let's plan to run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright before we declare M6.
- Amy, can you investigate using the latest version of the tool on SSE and see if it is ready for others?
- Bug Lists
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 M6 (41)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (57)
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <M6 (~0)
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified (~184) SSE=56,Server=49,Dali=25,J2EE=14
- 2.0 Verified, Not closed (~7)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted M6 Defects (~96)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0 Targeted Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers, Criticals (~4)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- 2.0 Total Bugs Fixed (~224)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~25)
The performance tests are back up and running, with a few issues.
- Known Issues
- Switch the 2.0 performance tests baseline to be the latest 1.5.x
- The XSD and WSDL tests are not running. Adding them causes the suite to hang. Needs investigation.
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
We need to steadily improved the usefulness of the performance data so that it can eventually be used as a reference point during each status call for the current week's I Build. This data will also be very relevant to adopters picking up new WTP builds.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Assign component lead ownership to the specific test suites
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
Again, this will not happen overnight, but we need to start some slow steady progress towards achieving this goal.
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~142) JSF=40,ATF=40,J2EE=34,Server=11,RDB=10
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (33) ATF=12,JSF=11
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (784) ATF=160,SSE=128,Server=125,J2EE=98,Dali=67,JSF=40,XSD=25
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2888) SSE=900,J2EE=650,WebServices=325
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~84)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~210) J2EE=52,SSE=28,WS=21,WSDL=18 If a patch is invalid, mark it obsolete, and we will filter those out.
- All API Requests (10)
- Java EE 5
- Bob F?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Prerequisite Update Rhythm
- Update to previous week's I build on Mondays for platform, EMF, and GEF (if available). Update DTP on milestones or by request.
- Any committer can also request the prereqs be updated at any additional time.
- WTP 1.5.4 is a service release for critical defects, regressions, and adopter issues only. There should be no translation or UI changes, nor should it affect any API reported through the adopter scanning tools.
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- EclipseWorld2007, 11/6/2007-11/8/2007 in Reston, VA. The deadline for abstracts is 4/17/2007.
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- Please come to the meeting with your smoke test results posted to the wiki and ready to vote on declaration of the weekly builds.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Usage Reports and Scans
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development