Revision as of 11:10, 21 March 2007 by Jlanuti.us.ibm.com
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-03-22
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-03-22
- JDJ Awards - Vote for WTP as the best Java EE Application Development framework!
- Eclipse will be rolling out to a new major release of Bugzilla during April
- Bugzilla Flags - Multiple people can set states on a bug like unset (default), request (?), set positive (+) or set
- Default CC List for Components - Create a watchlist for a given component
- Custom Resolutions - Mo longer limited to FIXED, WONTFIX, LATER, REMIND, WORKSFORME and INVALID.
- More info here.
- We will investigate further and communicate any process or workflow changes for WTP
- New committer newsgroup to facilitate communication amongst the committer community.
- 03/22 - I-build released
- 04/05 - I-build released
- 04/19 - RC1 released. PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last two weeks
- 05/04 - 1.5.4 declared
- Build Status
- First declared M Build this week. Please smoke test and update wiki if your component has made any changes.
- All bugs must be approved by the normal PMC Approval Process.
- Before marking for PMC review, please be sure you have component lead review and approval documented (or, their delegate). And, as always, include who's reviewed, who's tested, etc.
- An exception will be made to allow fixes for any adopter hot bugs which are not blocking defects, but blocking adopter's usage of WTP.
- If you are up against a deadline, you may release a bug fix which is tentatively approved, given you are comfortable with backing it out if need be. Otherwise, PMC will do their best to stay current with bug review requests.
- Bug lists (WTP+JSF only)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.4 (1)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~34) JSF=12, J2EE=8, RDB=7
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~164) Server=48,SSE=34,J2EE=31,doc=17
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~1)
- 1.5.4 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~3)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.4 Blockers, Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~25)
- 1.5.4 Total Bugs Fixed (~2)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M6 - API Freeze Mar 23 Mar 30 Apr 06 M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- M6 Schedule - Function and API complete for 2.0
Februray 2007 - April 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 26
Start component lead change approval
Declare I Build
Write tests and produce FVT driver
FVT and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 M6
- Build Status
- JUnits are functional again! Any failing JUnits? JEM tests were added.
- Eclipse platform test framework issues?
- Timeout issues?
- Action Items:
- Check if actual results match what you expect, in terms of number of tests, etc?
- Especially you that use "extraVMargs" please check those extra VM args seem to have the desired effect.
- We used to "group" by plugin, but now leave collected per test suite. Are they all showing up? Is there a need to do "per bundle"?
- Please smoke test and update wiki to declare weekly I Build by end of day.
- WSDL EMF Model Plugin version changes - The WSDL EMF model version was properly updated to 1.1.0 and all dependent plug-ins were updated.
- EMF Model Review - Valentin?
- Umbrella bug
- Things like making sure the UML and EMF artifacts are in synch with each other and with the code, regenerating the code to take advantage of EMF 2.3 patterns, etc.
- Copyright Tools - Plan to run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright end of next week before we declare M6, or should hold off for RC's?
- Bug Lists (updated to include JPA)
- JSF - please adjust your target milestones to match WTP proper's.
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 M6 (37)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (52)
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <M6 (~12) Please retarget these appropriately.
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified (~186) SSE=56,Server=49,Dali=25,J2EE=14
- 2.0 Verified, Not closed (~9)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted M6 Defects (~82)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~2)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0 Targeted Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers, Criticals (~2)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- 2.0 Total Bugs Fixed (~214)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~24)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~236) Dali=80,JSF=40,ATF=40,J2EE=34,Server=11,RDB=10
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (125) Dali=85,ATF=12,JSF=11
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (749) ATF=160,SSE=128,Server=125,J2EE=98,Dali=67,JSF=40,XSD=25
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2873) SSE=900,J2EE=650,WebServices=325
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~84)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~198) J2EE=52,SSE=28,WS=21,WSDL=18 If a patch is invalid, mark it obsolete, and we will filter those out.
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5
- Bob F?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Prerequisite Rhythm Proposal
- Update to previous week's I build on Mondays for platform, EMF, and GEF (if available). Update DTP on milestones or by request.
- Any committer can also request the prereqs be updated at any additional time.
- WTP 1.5.4 is a service release for critical defects, regressions, and adopter issues only. There should be no translation or UI changes, nor should it affect any API reported through the adopter scanning tools.
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- EclipseWorld2007, 11/6/2007-11/8/2007 in Reston, VA. The deadline for abstracts is 4/17/2007.
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- Please come to the meeting with your smoke test results posted to the wiki and ready to vote on declaration of the weekly builds.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Usage Reports and Scans
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development