- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-02-15
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-02-15
Chuck B, Nitin D, John L, Kathy C, Keith C, Jess G, Troy L, Kostantin K, Rob F, David W, Carl A, Raghu S, Larry I, Larry D, Neil H, Amy W
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Remaining Schedule
- 2/12 - Zips and update site files ready to start the mirror process.
- 2/16 - Join Callisto Winter Maintenance Release availability.
- Missing J2EE Web Service Schemas - These missing documents are restored to ibm.com for 1.5.3. Long term solution will come from Sun.
- Build Status - Declared! David is dropping the update manager files and John is pushing the build to the downloads area with the updated dependencies.
- Bug lists
- 1.5.3 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.3 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.3 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 1.5.3 Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.3 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~0)
- 1.5.3 Remaining Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~179)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~3)
- 1.5.3 Total Bugs Fixed (~126)
- Untriaged bugs opened against 1.5.x (~18)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
February 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M5 Feb 09 Feb 16 Feb 23 M6 - API Freeze Mar 23 Mar 30 Apr 06 M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- Build Status - David? Move to M5 prereqs is ongoing. PDE Defect with qualifiers is fixed and we will respin using that.
- Teams should continue testing and dropping fixes in hopes for a smokeable candidate Friday morning.
- Dail has a build issue they are digging through
- JSF waiting for JSP fix, Nitin released.
- Trying to upgrade to the 1.5 DTP version.
- Do we need to update the JEM patch? Chuck to investigate.
- Versioning - 172780 Plugin Versions need bumped in 2.0. Releng tests are not running right now, we'll touch back on this.
- M5 Plan - Recall M5 will be the build used at EclipseCon!
January 2007 - February 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 12
Start component lead change approval
Declare I Build
Write tests and produce FVT driver
FVT and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 M5
- M5 New and Noteworthy - 173407 Target completion is February 19.
- Remember, it's a Europa Requirement.
- Compatibility Tests for WTP 1.5 <--> WTP 2.0
- Java EE, JSF, JPA - Please publish your compatibility tests by adding a link here.
- Bug lists
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~62)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~37)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~175)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All API Requests (Graph)
- Java EE 5
- No call this week
- Waiting on plan from Chuck for publishing the extension API.
- Kathy - Axis2 facets patch contributed, however initial legal submission still in progress, so inclusin in M5 may be in doubt.
- Bob F - We are live on the Phoenix look and feel! Please file bugs or enhancements on component 'web site' if you encounter problems.
- Pieter will add the 1.5.3 information to the web and post to newsgroup. Also will investigate if we should put a blurb out about going live with pheonix.
- Send Pieter a note if you have any events to add to the February community calendar.
- Konstantin - WTP Usability Feedback - Wayne Beaton to provide more details on Netbeans vs WTP study. Defects and enhancements already logged for some items so please take a look.
- John will investigate why non-committers can't access the bugzilla graphs.
- David to investigate why Larry I does not have appropriate bugzilla committer authority.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
- WTP 2.0
- Ongoing triaging for inclusion in plan
- Expand detail of our posted plans
- EclipseCon 2007
- Preparing examples and presentation for our EclipseCon tutorial
- EclipseWorld 2007
- Considering presentation topics
- WTP 2.0
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
Removed > 50 warnings from the 2.0 build
Made fixes for the Eclipse 3.3 M5 target (again)
SAP says the latest 2.0 build failed our smoke test & opened https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174290 - thanks again to them for their help!
- Working on getting M5 build in order, currently we are unable to release our latest changes due to build related problems.
- Refactoring JSF component Palette to use new Metadata framework
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Investigating running Performance and API tests
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Attendees should consider spreading the word about their participation.
- WTP BOF - We have an official BOF scheduled for Monday March 5th, 7:30 PM - 8:45 PM, room 209. More details still being worked out, but if interested, please go ahead and add a +1 planning on attending comment to the eclipsezilla so we can have an accurate number of attendees.
- EclipseWorld2007, 11/6/2007-11/8/2007 in Reston, VA. The deadline for abstracts is 4/17/2007.
- Please come to the meeting with your smoke test results posted to the wiki and ready to vote on declaration of the weekly builds.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Usage Reports and Scans
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development