WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-02-08
John L, David W, Dave G, Bob F, Jess G, Konstantin K, Hoi L, Raghu S, Larry D, Chuck B, Nitin D, Larry I, Neil H, Rob F, Der Ping C, Carl A, Amy W
- Wiki Woes - The conflict resolution support for our version of Mediawiki(1.5.0) has some errors that were fixed in later
releases. Eclipse is planing to roll out the 1.9.X version this quarter and with it, conflict detection and merging tools.
- EclipseCon WTP BOF - We have an official BOF scheduled for Monday March 5th, 7:30 PM - 8:45 PM, room 209. More details still being worked out, but if interested, please go ahead and add a +1 planning on attending comment to the eclipsezilla so we can have an accurate number of attendees.
- Bugzilla - Found In "Versions" added for 1.5.1, 1.5.2, and 1.5.3.
- Remaining Schedule
- 2/5-2/9 - Test and Defect Verifications - No more changes after 2/9.
- 2/12 - Zips and update site files ready to start the mirror process.
- 2/16 - Join Callisto Winter Maintenance Release availability.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Missing J2EE Web Service Schemas - IBM is actively restoring these documents and it is taking longer than expected because they were hosted on a marketing server. Should be ready for our ship date.
- Build Status - M-RC1.5.3-200702080326 David - Respinning for WSDL fix for 173511, but other teams should proceed with smoke tests.
- Next Tuesday at 3 pm, we will have the official component lead vote on declaration of 1.5.3.
- Bug lists
- 1.5.3 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~206)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~2)
- 1.5.3 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.3 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 1.5.3 Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.3 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~0)
- 1.5.3 Remaining Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- 1.5.3 Total Bugs Fixed (~125)
- Untriaged bugs opened against 1.5.x (~29) RDB and J2EE will work on triaging these for next week.
- Test pass results - Use the wiki smoke test results page to post your results.
- Remaining Europa Timeline
February 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M5 Feb 09 Feb 16 Feb 23 M6 - API Freeze Mar 23 Mar 30 Apr 06 M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Build Status - I-I200702080847-200702080847 David - Smoke test this build and report results by end of day so that we can start the work to move up M5 prereqs tommorrow.
- Versioning - 172780 Plugin Versions need bumped in 2.0. Releng tests are not running right now, we'll touch back on this.
- Facet Plugins Versioning Update - Konstantin - The facet plugin API is going to make use of Java5 features, such as generics, but should be transparent to clients, i.e. no breaking changes. It does require a JRE 5 runtime, but this is a WTP 2.0 requirement in general. This will reuire a minor version change which other components will have to react to. Please follow up with Konstantin.
- ICU4J Update - Thanks Amy for posting the information. JSF and JPA to investigate.
- M5 Plan - Recall M5 will be the build used at EclipseCon!
January 2007 - February 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 12
Start component lead change approval
Declare I Build
Write tests and produce FVT driver
FVT and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 M5
- M5 New and Noteworthy - 173407 Now is the time to start this. Nitin will coordinate and send a note with details. Ensure a link to the M4 N & N is included.
- Compatibility Tests for WTP 1.5 <--> WTP 2.0
- Java EE, JSF, JPA - Please publish your compatibility tests by adding a link here.
- Bug lists
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~57)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~37)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~170)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All API Requests (Graph)
- Java EE 5
- Chuck - Waiting on plan from Chuck for publishing the extension API.
- Kathy - The Client scenario is complete and starting to investigate items for the next milestone.
- Bob F - When should we cut over to the Phoenix pages? PMC to review and vote on Bob's patch with proposed website changes. The goal is to cut over before EclipseCon. When we do, we will add redirects at the html sites which we have to be careful not to generate over. At some point, we will be enlisting the help of all committers to convert their pages or to push them to the wiki. There is a draft getting started with pheonix tutorial created.
John - Can we get an updated usage scan from BEA on the 1.5.x base?
Carl - Thanks to SAP for stepping up and running the J2EE 2.0 smoke test this week.
David - We should be following a versioning principle that if you do not use anything internal, you should use a wide prereq range. Also, in WTP 2.0, the lower bounds should be maintained from 1.5.x
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
- WTP 1.5.3
- Testing and verifying fixes in candidate build
- WTP 2.0
- Ongoing triaging for inclusion in plan
- Expand detail of our posted plans
- EclipseCon 2007
- Preparing examples and presentation for our EclipseCon tutorial
- EclipseWorld 2007
- Considering presentation topics
- WTP 1.5.3
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
We now have 0 defects targeted at 1.5.3
The 1.5.3 smoke test is underway (since we submitted changes this week)
Removed deprecated classes and methods in our code (all of the ones we could remove without breaking any of our known usage)
Removed deprecated code calls in our code
SAP says the latest 2.0 build passed our smoke test (but has yet to be officially dubbed the build to smoke test)- thanks again to them for their help!
- Working on Project Creation and pulling over functionality from 0.5 to make us demoable for the M5 release.
- Released first-cut of the Metadata Framework . Rel 0.5 metadata migrated to the new framework. Details will be posted to the JSF wiki.
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Investigating running Performance and API tests
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- EclipseCon attendees should consider spreading the word about their participation
- EclipseWorld2007, 11/6/2007-11/8/2007 in Reston, VA. The deadline for abstracts is 4/17/2007.
- Please come to the meeting with your smoke test results posted to the wiki and ready to vote on declaration of the weekly builds.
- 1.5.3 Guidelines for fixes
- Usage Reports and Scans
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development