Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "11.08.2006 Conference Call"

m (Action Items)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
  
Scott Lewis, John Casey, Dennis O'Flynn, Glenn Everitt, Wendell Beckwith, Thomas Hallgren, Paul Styles, Henrick Lindberg, Marcin Okraszewski, Pascal Rapicault
+
Scott Lewis, John Casey, Dennis O'Flynn, Glenn Everitt, Wendell Beckwith, Thomas Hallgren, Paul Styles, Henrick Lindberg, Marcin Okraszewski, Pascal Rapicault, Mitch Sonies
  
== Items Discussed ==
+
== Summary ==
  
Project
+
There was a spirited discussion about the meaning of 'project model':
 +
 
 +
*What kinds of projects are to be considered (software development only and/or others)?
 +
*What kinds of project-related meta-data should be included or excluded (e.g. project team membership, tool-specific data, build/deploy/sw lifecycle processes, testing, team communication processes, etc)?
 +
*How does Kepler '''include''' rather than replace existing tools?
 +
*How does the Corona work on general 'context container' fit into the generalized notion of a 'project model'
 +
 
 +
There was agreement that
 +
 
 +
*Kepler will be focus on defining and implementing a more general notion of project model
 +
*Kepler will look to provide integration of existing tools rather than replacement
 +
*Kepler will include committers and contributors from other Eclipse projects, including (but not limited to) [[Buckminster]], [[Corona]], [[Eclipse Communication Framework Project|ECF]], [[Platform]].  Not all committers will be expected to make frequent code contributions.
 +
*Once the project has been officially started and provisioned Kepler will have regular online and f2f sessions to make progress toward a generalized project model.  These sessions will include all interested parties
 +
 
 +
== Action Items ==
 +
 
 +
* Read/review the [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/kepler/ Kepler Proposal] and submit commits by '''Friday, November 17th''' to the [news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.technology.kepler Kepler Newsgroup]]
 +
* Corona and Buckminster teams to review each other's ''project model'' and identify any possible ways to establish a common unified ''project model'' [Dennis O'Flynn/Henrick Lindberg]

Latest revision as of 08:07, 9 November 2006

Attendees

Scott Lewis, John Casey, Dennis O'Flynn, Glenn Everitt, Wendell Beckwith, Thomas Hallgren, Paul Styles, Henrick Lindberg, Marcin Okraszewski, Pascal Rapicault, Mitch Sonies

Summary

There was a spirited discussion about the meaning of 'project model':

  • What kinds of projects are to be considered (software development only and/or others)?
  • What kinds of project-related meta-data should be included or excluded (e.g. project team membership, tool-specific data, build/deploy/sw lifecycle processes, testing, team communication processes, etc)?
  • How does Kepler include rather than replace existing tools?
  • How does the Corona work on general 'context container' fit into the generalized notion of a 'project model'

There was agreement that

  • Kepler will be focus on defining and implementing a more general notion of project model
  • Kepler will look to provide integration of existing tools rather than replacement
  • Kepler will include committers and contributors from other Eclipse projects, including (but not limited to) Buckminster, Corona, ECF, Platform. Not all committers will be expected to make frequent code contributions.
  • Once the project has been officially started and provisioned Kepler will have regular online and f2f sessions to make progress toward a generalized project model. These sessions will include all interested parties

Action Items

  • Read/review the Kepler Proposal and submit commits by Friday, November 17th to the Kepler Newsgroup]
  • Corona and Buckminster teams to review each other's project model and identify any possible ways to establish a common unified project model [Dennis O'Flynn/Henrick Lindberg]

Back to the top