XQDT Development Status Meeting
| Gabriel P
| Sam N
| David C
| Donald K
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
This was the last call before the XQDT 2.2 release.
- David talked also about WTP build system. He tries to set up an Hudson build for XQDT.
- David explained how releases work in Eclipse
- David wanted to understand how the JSON library is used in XQDT (the answer is: for the Zorba debugger. Zorba has its own debugger protocol which uses JSON. A proxy is used to adapt this protocol the DBGP that is implemented in DLTK)
- discussions about the migration of xqdt.org to other Eclipse sites. xqdt.org will be kept as a blogging solution for the community (this means making it accessible to anyone)
Bugs / Issues
- For the XQDT 2.2 release we still need to correct:
- the infinite loop parser problem: the string lexer loops forever then "& is detected
- found problem in language level (ML vs. Zorba). Some ML code does not parse correctly - Sam will send Gabriel a detailed example.
- Gabriel could not reproduce the problem
- Sam performed some XCC library refactorings to eliminate dependency to other 3rd party code.
- Gabriel added the support for the Java-based XQuery interpreters.
- Gabriel not ready for the 1 Oct release which might be delayed a couple of days.
- works on some XQDTCodeScanner issues before the release
- will fix the "& parser bug
- (INHERITED FROM LAST WEEK) Sam still works on the Built-in Helpers and Docs infrastructure. (See: the "Future Plans" section in XQDT 2009-09-23)
- the XQDT editor color scheme was raised. As a conclusion, we will adhere to a standard eclipse scheme and also provide users other schemes (used by other editors). No concrete plan yes for doing this.