The following process was adopted as the Aperi Voting process at a Community meeting on September 14th, 2006
The Voting Process captured below is based on Technology Project Charter voting rules:
1) Committers are required to track, participate in, and vote on, relevant discussions in their associated Projects and components.
2) There are 3 voting responses: +1 (yes), -1 (no, or veto), and 0 (abstain).
3) A proposition passes if there are at least 3 positive votes and no negative (veto) votes.
4) Vetoes must be followed by an explanation for the veto within 24 hours or it becomes invalid.
5) All votes are conducted via the aperi-dev mailing list
6) Situations that require a vote: Roadmap Changes, Releasing Code, New Committers, and changes to an already adopted process, e.g. Bugzilla.
2006.09.22 Aperi Technical Roadmap v6 Approved
2007.10.11 Aperi Technical Roadmap v7 Approved
2008.03.25 Aperi Technical Roadmap v8 Approved