These are the minutes for the COSMOS EclipseCon 2008 F2F Meeting.
- Mark Weitzel
- Steve Jerman
- Don Ebright
- Joel Hawkins
- David Whiteman
- Sheldon Lee-Loy
- Paul Stratton
- John Todd
- Jack Devine
- Jimmy Mohsin
- Martin Simmonds
... Mark to fill in this part...
Met with Russell Warren & Martine Wedlake
Decided it was useful to go straight to JDBC instead of Aperi APIs. This is captured in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=209987.
Those interested in continuing the discussion on integration between Aperi and CMDBf can join the meeting described at Aperi_CMDB_Integration.
How Aperi would integrate with COSMOS UI
- COSMOS UI would launch Aperi UI
- through launch point, Aperi UI would launch back into COSMOS for specific functions using URL
- Need to do namespace translation
Use cases for Aperi integration:
- e.g. provision a piece of storage
- Launching context: involves log into SRM app and find a new switch, zone it. go to host and make multi-pass configurations.
Problem determination scenarios
- emitting events from storage environment
- would like more info from SRM or from configuration tool
- what's probable cause, or recommended action, or diagnostics
Should be relatively easy to generate SML (instead of XML), so there could be some good synergy with COSMOS.
Also discussed possibility of importing query results or SML as model diagrams. Could use "good enough" layout algorithms from Eclipse APIs.
Don mentioned that he would still like to revisit the topic of project organization. He provided some of the history behind the current subproject structure, and how it doesn't match well what is being done in the project. He mentioned that there is quite a bit of data collection functionality that has yet to be designed and implemented. Given our current focus on wrappering existing products with established databases, he wanted to understand our commitment going forward to supporting the discovery functionality that is of interest to Compuware.