Sirius 6.2.0 contains mostly internal changes, which are needed to enable moving Sirius to the web, but require API breaks. The APIs breakage which are in this version should not impact most users, thus the 6.2.0 version number instead of 7.0.0.
It is recommended you use the update-site matching the version of Eclipse you use to avoid potential issues at runtime.
The complete JUnit and SWTBot test suites used to validate Sirius are published along with all their dependencies in separate update-sites from the core, available at:
Compatibility & Requirements
Sirius 6.2.0 is compatible with the following versions of Eclipse:
- Eclipse 4.7 (Oxygen).
- Eclipse 4.8 (Photon). Photon is the reference platform.
- Eclipse 4.9 (SimRel 2018-09).
Note: The new (and still experimental) 'Workflow' and 'Server' features only work under Photon.
New & Noteworthy
The complete list of (22) tickets fixed in Sirius 6.2.0 can be found here.
- #542678 Improve the degree of customization of the bundle image provided shape extension point to be compatible with more SVG tags.
- #542805 Remove the org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.layoutdata plug-in. It was deprecated and already been replaced in previous versions by the more powerful org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.formatdata.
- #538853 Reduce the amount of custom code in the diagrams metamodel. This brings the `diagram.ecore` metamodel closer to a "pure" EMF model, with no custom "hidden" behavior or code dependencies.
- #543177 Allow vertical spaces removal for sequence diagram.
- #543252 Have show/hide actions available in visibility mode.
- More uses of our own
Optiontype have been converted to use the standard
java.util.Optional. The effort is far from finished and will probably continue over several versions (see #529526).
- Various improvements on the GraphQL backend (#540871, #541348, #541389)
- Several improvements have been made to the
IInterepterAPI as part of #542839. This effort is still ongoing but the patches which have been merged in 6.2.0 include some API breaks. Refer to the release notes for the details.
The release notes with highlights will soon be published at here.