Platform/Unconference EclipseCon Europe 2018
Platform [meeting/summit/hackathon...] at EclipseCon Europe 2018
What, when, where?
The event will take during the Unconference Day of EclipseCon Europe 2018, from 14.00 to 17.30.
This event is open to anyone and is an open-door event. Anyone can get in and out whenever they want.
The typical discussions should make this most interesting in particular to:
- Eclipse Platform contributors (no restriction about frequency and criticism of the contributions)
- Eclipse Platform adopters (plugin developers) who would like to learn more about the details of Eclipse Platform development, to know the current directions it's taking or to become a contributor
Current attendees are:
- Mickael Istria
- Andrey Loskutov (tentative)
- Lars Vogel
- Karsten Thoms
- Eric Williams
- Manoj Palat
- Lakshmi Shanmugam
- Aleksandar Kurtakov
- Olivier Prouvost
- ... feel free to edit this page and add your name if you plan to attend
Main topics or activities
The unconference is a relatively open format, so the content can change as the event is running if the attendance wants it. But here are some themes and activities that we'll try to cover during this event.
- AERI: Address most reported issues
- Releng: Build stability and regular changes
- Performance: Identify potentials for parallel processing
- Usage workflows vs other IDEs: Find the important usage workflows existing in other IDEs that Eclipse IDE doesn't support yet; and vice-versa.
- Integration with Web-based tools: How can the Eclipse IDE be using Web-based technologies? How to make the Platform feel more open to it?
- E4 integration : how the PDE could propose better templates or wizards to work with E4 plugins.
- Release tasks overview
Discussions about this event should go through the email@example.com mailing-list. Decisions or should be reported on this page in the appropriate sections.