Jump to: navigation, search

Planning Council/June 03 2009

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, June 03, 2009, at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1200 NYC / 1700 London / 1800 Berlin
Dial-in: For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.

Attendees

Chris Aniszczyk
Cedric Brun Y
Oliver Cole
Stefan Daume Y
Brian Fitzpatrick Y
Wayne Beaton
Doug Gaff Y
Neil Hauge
Mika Hoikkala
Anthony Hunter Y
Oisin Hurley Y
Markus Knauer Y
Christian Kurzke
Gary Xue Y
Ed Merks Y
Mike Milinkovich
Philippe Mulet
James Saliba
Georg Schmidt
Kaloyan Raev R
Thomas Watson Y
David Williams Y
Andreas Buchen (SAP/MAT) Y

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.

Topics

  • Its official: Helios is name of our 2010 Simultaneous Release.
  • PC Decision on Categories in Discovery Site
DSDP Category name change: bug 277006
PC didn't like the exact proposal. Will comment in bug, and await reply. No reply?!
Doug to follow up with Martin, but we'll look to move "remote access" to "tools and goodies" category, so this category can be more meaningfully named.
RAP in Webtools? No bug opened?
Markus to followup with RAP team (to have them open a cross-project bug).
(Markus - 20090604: There is a bug open in "Simultaneous Release": bug 278416)
We should take a position on release or no release.
Judging from items not marked, it appears these are the projects of worst quality (or, worst adopter readiness?):
These should be 'resolved' one way or the other ... fixed, if fixed, won't fix and document why not.
PDT 15
CDT 12
MAT 11
Andreas to work on MAT items bookkeeping
David to contact Roy and Doug
  • PC review/approval of exceptions
commonj.sdo jar not signed "for technical reasons" bug 277331
capabilities not defined as PC requested but 254130
no objections
  • RC3 update
Done yet?
  • Proposed Helios Plan Dates:
These are rough, quick dates, just taken from last year (and adjust to closest Friday and similar)
Still need to go through calendar, see if adjustments needed for Holidays, EclipseCon, etc.
PC Reps should start to discuss these dates with their groups, and see if they will commit to participating from the beginning ... from M1!
M1 8/7 - 8/21
M2 9/18 - 10/2
Initial standard-format plans due 10/2
M3 10/30 - 11/13
M4 12/11 - 12/18 [note: beginning of 1 week windows]
M5 1/29 - 2/5
M6 3/12 - 3/19
M7 4/30 - 5/7
Release: 6/30/2010 (last Wednesday of June)


  • Next Meeting
June 17, Wednesday -- last minute issues? Conduct process "postmortem".
July 1, Wednesday -- no meeting. Celebrate/rest after release. Plus, holiday week in US.
August 5, Wednesday -- Helios!
September 2, Wednesday
Upcoming topics
Frequency and dates of maintenance builds
Dates for next year's project plans
Build schedule for next year (start with M1)

Reference

  • from previous meeting: PC Position on off-cycle releases and use of discovery site (and EPP)? This came up in discussions about a Pulsar package.
Conclusion: we do not want to support off-cycle releases. But with following compromise: If a project still met all the normal "release criteria" set forth as must-do's by PC then they could introduce something new during SR1 or SR2 (that is SR1 and SR2 can have more than service, if important, and must-do criteria met). The reason for not supporting things off cycle was a. it is more work to support it, b. there is no opportunity for "simultaneous release" testing, c. it would dilute the meaning of "simultaneous release".


Galileo Simultaneous Release

Planning Council Members

Simultaneous_Release_Roles and Simultaneous_Release_Roles/EMO