| Meeting Title:
|| Planning Council Conference Call
| Date & Time:
|| Wednesday, February 5, 2014, at 1200 Noon Eastern
| Dial in:
|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)
- For all phone lines: Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
- Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
- North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
- Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
- France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
- UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
- Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
- call email@example.com, then enter pin 35498.
Members and Attendees
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
| Chris Aniszczyk
|| Technology (PMC)
| Dani Megert
|| Eclipse (PMC)
| Steffen Pingel
|| Mylyn (ALM) PMC
| Brian Payton
|| Datatools (PMC)
|| D Linda Chan
| Doug Schaefer
|| Tools (PMC)
| Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo )
|| SOA (PMC)
| Ed Merks
|| Modeling (PMC)
| Ian Bull
|| Rt (PMC)
| Chuck Bridgham
|| WTP (PMC)
| Gary Xue
|| Birt (PMC)
| Wayne Beaton
|| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
| David Williams
|| (appointed Chair)
| Cedric Brun
|| OBEO (Strategic Developer)
| Neil Hauge
|| Oracle (Strategic Developer)
| Stephan Merker
|| SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
| Markus Knauer
|| Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
| Markus Tiede
|| BREDEX (Strategic Developer)
| Rajeev Dayal
|| Google (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| Actuate (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| IBM (Strategic Developer)
| [no name]
|| CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer)
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Nothing mentioned.
- Any new (minor) releases other than CDT, Linux Tools, and EGit?
- Nothing mentioned.
- Why are not more projects using "Eclipse Source References" (See bug 427052 and bug 427277). Only about 20% of bundles have it.
- No one really knew, so just reminded council members to remind their projects.
- Have any Windows users tried setting git core.autocrlf=true? bug 424041
- There was some disagreement, but sounded like they meant "in general" and had not really worked with aggregator editor. I asked those concerned to read and comment in the bug.
- When should we start to "fail builds" if bundles unsigned? Missing about.html files? Missing EUA files?
- Just talked briefly, but generally thought it was a good idea, especially for those things "really required" (such as, start with 'about.html' files) since if we wait until the end, it's a little hard to not allow someone to release, due to a few cases of missing about.html files. Better for all to know early. No immediate plans to change (since requires some work) but will structure HIPP build with this in mind.
Progress on Action Items
- Any word on Luna+1 name? No to Magellan ... any word on Mercury? or, do we need new vote?
- Probably won't need new vote ... though waiting on others for official word.
- GSoC project for "Development Channel"? (Wayne)
- While GSoC is over, for a year, Wayne will at least recall history and open a bug for this..
- Improved "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- no progress).
- [Orbit plan (dw -- no formal progress)]
- Complete Google Calendar. (dw - done)
- Compute Luna SR dates. (dw - done)
- Status of EclipseLink in Sim. Release was briefly discussed, and Wayne was (pretty) sure he had gotten a note that they are not going to be in Luna, intentionally. It was wondered if Dali knew this, and while I explained "how they work", I also agreed to send Neil a note to confirm he was aware. (which has been done)
- March 5, 2014 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting
- And then EclipseCon "face-to-face" ... ?
- Ian Bull volunteered to lead this meeting, since I won't be able to attend in person ... note sent to Anne, CC'd Ian.
- EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
- Luna Wiki page
- Kepler Wiki page
- Planning Council/Kepler retrospective
- Planning Council Members
- Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO