| Meeting Title:
|| Planning Council Conference Call
| Date & Time:
|| Wednesday, February 4, 2015, at 1200 Noon Eastern
| Dial in:
|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)
- For all phone lines: Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
- Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
- North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
- Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
- France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
- UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
- Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
- call email@example.com, then enter pin 35498.
Members and Attendees
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
| Chris Aniszczyk
|| Technology (PMC)
| Dani Megert
|| Eclipse (PMC)
| Steffen Pingel
|| Mylyn (ALM) PMC
| Brian Payton
|| Datatools (PMC)
| Doug Schaefer
|| Tools (PMC)
| Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo )
|| SOA (PMC)
| Ed Merks
|| Modeling (PMC)
| Ian Bull
|| Rt (PMC)
| Chuck Bridgham
|| WTP (PMC)
| Wayne Beaton
|| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
| David Williams
|| (appointed Chair)
| Cedric Brun
|| OBEO (Strategic Developer)
| Neil Hauge
|| Oracle (Strategic Developer)
| Stephan Merker
|| SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
| Markus Knauer
|| Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
| Rajeev Dayal
|| Google (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| Actuate (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| IBM (Strategic Developer)
| [no name]
|| CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer)
| [no name]
|| Birt (PMC)
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- bug 453927 - Naming Mars+1 (2016 Eclipse Simultaneous Release)
- 'Neptune' and 'Nova' are dead in the water due to trademarks; 'Neo' is being considered now
- Neo will most likely pass trademark review; if not, we may need to do a new poll
Previous meeting minutes
- Any issues?
- SR2 drawing to a close.
- Reminders left from previous meetings:
- Reminder: "signing certificate" will be changed (renewed) right after SR2. (bug 450783) (Not expected to have any effect on "Simultaneous Release", but might on some in eco-system, or perhaps some "testing systems").
- Reminder: There is high risk that the "signing of Mac executable" will not be working for SR2. Perhaps not Mars? Any business impact?
- bug 445050 - Need to update "Mac signing service"
- bug 446390 - Change location of eclipse.ini (for Max OS X signing)
- Any issues?
- Remember that "M5" is the "EclipseCon milestone".
- Remember that Feb 13, 2015 is the CQ Submission deadline for Mars.
- Improving categories in Simultaneous Release repo? See SimRel/Feature Categories -- Wayne? Have a proposal yet?
- Wayne could not make last months meeting, but posted status and questions on mailing list. Was not much response?
- Not much progress, but still committed to improvements for Mars.
- Any objections to "using Gerrit" with Sim. Release aggregation files?
- bug 422215 - Contribute to simrel with Gerrit
- "Everyone" would have to change the URL they access the repo with, to the "remote access URL". (According to Denis, in a comment in the bug.)
- "Human Review" won't be required, but, I am guessing, would be easy to add a "validate" check -- those are the ones that "break the build" when someone adds a feature or category or contact (and does not bother using the b3 aggregator to make the change, or to validate the change).
- No comments at meeting. I did clarify it would be "after SR2".
Progress on Action Items
- Prune "callisto-dev" group soon bug 450186. (done)
- Improve "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- in progress).
- No meetings planned (not Planning Council, nor "Joint Meeting") ... likely a "breakfast"?
- Wayne will send out note (before EclipseCon) ... he did some "research" and appears likely to be Tuesday morning, at restaurant "across from" Conference Hotel.
- Wayne briefly mentioned "Great Fixes" program that is being developed/proposed ... he is still working with projects to get firm commitments from committers to review patches submitted for the contest. And will announce after that.
- March 4, 2015 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting. (The week before EclipseCon.)
- 2013 EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
- Luna Wiki page
- Kepler Wiki page
- Planning Council/Kepler retrospective
- Planning Council Members
- Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO