Jump to: navigation, search

Planning Council/February 04 2015

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, February 4, 2015, at 1200 Noon Eastern
Dial in: (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)

Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)

For all phone lines: Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
  • Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
  • SIP clients:
call 710@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 35498.

Members and Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC) Y
Dani Megert Eclipse (PMC) D
Steffen Pingel Mylyn (ALM) PMC Y
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC)
Doug Schaefer Tools (PMC) Y
Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo ) SOA (PMC)
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Ian Bull Rt (PMC)
Chuck Bridgham WTP (PMC)
Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed) Y
David Williams (appointed Chair) Y
Strategic Reps
Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer) Y
Stephan Merker SAP AG (Strategic Developer) Y
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Rajeev Dayal Google (Strategic Developer)
(PMC rep) Actuate (Strategic Developer) X
(PMC rep) IBM (Strategic Developer) X
Inactive
[no name] CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X
[no name] Birt (PMC) X

Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected

Announcements

  • bug 453927 - Naming Mars+1 (2016 Eclipse Simultaneous Release)
    • 'Neptune' and 'Nova' are dead in the water due to trademarks; 'Neo' is being considered now
    • Neo will most likely pass trademark review; if not, we may need to do a new poll

Previous meeting minutes

Luna SR2

  • Any issues?
  • SR2 drawing to a close.
  • Reminders left from previous meetings:
  • Reminder: "signing certificate" will be changed (renewed) right after SR2. (bug 450783) (Not expected to have any effect on "Simultaneous Release", but might on some in eco-system, or perhaps some "testing systems").
  • Reminder: There is high risk that the "signing of Mac executable" will not be working for SR2. Perhaps not Mars? Any business impact?
bug 445050 - Need to update "Mac signing service"
bug 446390 - Change location of eclipse.ini (for Max OS X signing)

Mars Planning

  • Any issues?
  • Remember that "M5" is the "EclipseCon milestone".
  • Remember that Feb 13, 2015 is the CQ Submission deadline for Mars.
  • Improving categories in Simultaneous Release repo? See SimRel/Feature Categories -- Wayne? Have a proposal yet?
Wayne could not make last months meeting, but posted status and questions on mailing list. Was not much response?
Not much progress, but still committed to improvements for Mars.
  • Any objections to "using Gerrit" with Sim. Release aggregation files?
bug 422215 - Contribute to simrel with Gerrit
"Everyone" would have to change the URL they access the repo with, to the "remote access URL". (According to Denis, in a comment in the bug.)
"Human Review" won't be required, but, I am guessing, would be easy to add a "validate" check -- those are the ones that "break the build" when someone adds a feature or category or contact (and does not bother using the b3 aggregator to make the change, or to validate the change).
No comments at meeting. I did clarify it would be "after SR2".

Progress on Action Items

  • Prune "callisto-dev" group soon bug 450186. (done)
  • Improve "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- in progress).

New Business

  • EclipseCon "meet-up"?
No meetings planned (not Planning Council, nor "Joint Meeting") ... likely a "breakfast"?
Wayne will send out note (before EclipseCon) ... he did some "research" and appears likely to be Tuesday morning, at restaurant "across from" Conference Hotel.
  • Wayne briefly mentioned "Great Fixes" program that is being developed/proposed ... he is still working with projects to get firm commitments from committers to review patches submitted for the contest. And will announce after that.

Next Meeting

  • March 4, 2015 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting. (The week before EclipseCon.)

Reference

2013 EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
Luna Wiki page
Kepler Wiki page
Planning Council/Kepler retrospective
Planning Council Members
Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO