|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, June 5, 2019, at 11:00 EST|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Planning Council Chair: Mélanie Bats
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Fujitsu Limited
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Payara Services Ltd.
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- Eclipse Enterprise for Java PMC
- IoT PMC
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- PolarSys PMC
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science PMC
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Eclipse Technology PMC (Gunnar Wagenknecht)
- Tools Project PMC (Alexander Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Nitin Dahyabhai)
- Appointed (Mikael Barbero)
- Appointed (Markus Knauer)
- Appointed (Mike Milinkovich)
- Appointed (Sopot Cela)
- Appointed (Wayne Beaton)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
- 2019-12 planning
-> Google Calendar updated -> Please review the wiki pages : - https://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:SimRel-2019-12 - https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/2019-12/Simultaneous_Release_Plan
- Identify and remove inactive projects
- Opt-in rule requires that projects make a change to their aggrcon file to prove that they're paying attention.
- Based on a quick check, the following aggrcon files haven't been changed by their project teams in well over a year (changes by Fred Gurr don't count):
- actf.aggrcon, epp-logging.aggrcon, jwt.aggrcon, m2t-xpand.aggrcon, PMF.aggrcon, XWT.aggrcon
- Request: PMC representatives investigate their projects to determine whether or not they should be dropped from the simultaneous release.
- Opt-in process is flawed
- The back-and-forth to get the participation list right requires as much work and generates as much churn as the opt-in emails of the past.
- Do we actually need to maintain a participation list?
- Assuming yes, is there a better way to maintain it?
Planning for 2019-12 was reviewed and validated.
Other topics were not discussed as Wayne was missing.
No actions required.