- 1 Logistics
- 2 Members
- 3 Previous meeting minutes
- 4 Attendance
- 5 Regrets
- 6 Agenda
- 7 Actions follow-up
- 8 Notes
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, March 6, 2019, at 11:00 EST|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Fujitsu Limited
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Payara Services Ltd.
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- Eclipse Enterprise for Java PMC
- IoT PMC
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- PolarSys PMC
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science PMC
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Eclipse Technology PMC (Gunnar Wagenknecht)
- Tools Project PMC (Alexander Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Nitin Dahyabhai)
- Appointed (Mikael Barbero)
- Appointed (Markus Knauer)
- Appointed (Mike Milinkovich)
- Appointed (Sopot Cela)
- Appointed (Wayne Beaton)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
Alex, Dani, Wayne, Fred, Mélanie, Thomas, Nitin
- Actions follow-up
- Next release update
- June & September schedules
- Wiki updates
- Dani : will send an email to get updates about marketing activities for 2019-03.
- DONE Sopot is taking care of that with the foundation.
- All : Please review the June Plan wiki page and the Google calendar dates for 2019-09.
- DONE Mélanie will send an email to ask everyone to approve the schedule.
- TODO Review by all
- All : Review SimRel-2019-09 wiki page
- DONE by Dani
- Mélanie prepare the SimRel-2019-09 wiki page
- All : Review the updates done by Wayne on the participation process.
Next release update
Platform ready to release RC2. Orbit URL was not ready, so a rebuild will be needed but everything is ok.
June & September schedules
- For details see the Google calendar :
Mélanie has merged the SimRel FAQs Simultaneous_Release_FAQ & Simultaneous_Release_Cycle_FAQ to only one : https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Cycle_FAQ Auto-redirection was done.
Mélanie has updated to remove the "yearly" notion: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Simultaneous_Release_Roles#Simultaneous_Release_Roles
If you detect other wiki pages that should be updated, send an email to Mélanie.
Track inactive projects
Wayne raises the fact that a handfull of projects are not paying attention and does not meet the requirements. The idea is that projects should update their aggrcon file to declare that they are in the SimRel. If they do not modify their aggrcon, they will be out. Today, Wayne is taking care of chasing these different projects, pushing a gerrit request to remove the aggrcon file of these projects and then following the thread. It is time consuming for him. It was proposed to automatically declare the project as out if the aggr file was not touch. That is not so simple as removing a project could have some important consequences for other projects depending on it. There is a communication aspect that should be taken into consideration. It was also proposed to have a clear process to declare the project intent to be in. It already existed in the past and it was not so successful. The idea is to trying to identify who is not taking care instead of punishing everyone with a new process. Fred proposed to assist Wayne on the aggcon file tracking. Another possibility is to turn off the build a week before removing them officially, in order to detect the consequences.
- Need a chair for the next call on April 3rd, Mélanie will not be able to organize/join : Martin Lippert proposed to take care of the call. Thanks again Martin!
- Mélanie will prepare the plan for the 2019-09 release.
- All : Review the dates for the 2019-06 & 2019-09 and approve by mail on the mailing list.