This document is a place to brainstorm about what we want to do in Release 3.0
The official plan document is here.
Most of the work in Orion should fall under some agreed upon themes for the release. This is a working list of ideas. If some themes can be coalesced into others that is fine. To start this is a fairly large list which needs to be prioritized.
- Integration of Scripted content assist with Orion Node.js server (ongoing work from Cameron Mann UCOSP Student)
Consumability and User Experience
- Further work on Projects support including RESTful APIs for consumers
- Improved export from Orion including VMC support
- Node or NPM features from Orion Java server to facilitate Node.js app development
- Git support on Node.js server
The Orion Java server was always intended as a demo server and not something that scales up to very large scale demand. The current server is able to handle the load on orionhub where there are 5-10K accounts and no more than 100 concurrent users. We need to investigate and start working on what is required to make this a truly scalable server. For more details see Orion/Plan/3.0/Server scalability.