Upcoming Version: 0.9 (for Indigo)
To facilitate reuse of components between several modernization solutions, MoDisco is organized in several layers
The Infrastructure layer contains generic components independent from any legacy technology.
All the components of this layer are available as plug-ins and provided in one single Eclipse feature
Feature Infrastructure 0.9
The Technology layer contains components dedicated to one legacy technology but independent from the modernization use-case.
All the components of this layer are available as plug-ins and provided in several Eclipse features: one for each technology.
Feature Java 0.9
- a complete metamodel for the Java language.
- a complete discoverer to create Java models from Java source code contained in a Java project.
- a complete generator to regenerate Java source code from a Java model.
- a transformation from Java to KDM
- a complete discoverer creating composite models involving Java model and KDM inventory model.
Feature JEE 0.9
- a metamodel for JSP technology.
- a discoverer to create JSP models from JEE Web applications.
- a framework to develop project deployment descriptor discoverers.
- a complete discoverer for the web.xml files (multiple versions).
- a complete discoverer for the ejb-jar.xml files (multiple versions).
- a set of queries and facets for getting a JEE point of view when browsing Java models.
Feature XML 0.9
- a complete metamodel for the XML standard, subsetting W3C concepts.
- a complete discoverer to create XML models from XML files.
The Use-Cases layer contains components providing a solution for a specific modernization use-case.
All the components of this layer are available as plug-ins