This page provides the required docuware for the MDT UML2 4.0.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Juno Simultaneous Release.
UML2 is an EMF-based implementation of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.x OMG metamodel for the Eclipse platform. The objectives of the UML2 component are to provide:
- a useable implementation of the UML metamodel to support the development of modeling tools
- a common XMI schema to facilitate interchange of semantic models
- test cases as a means of validating the specification
- validation rules as a means of defining and enforcing levels of compliance
New in this release
- Compliance with UML 2.4(.1) and MOF 2.4(.1)
- Source hosted in git
- Build based on Buckminster
- Dynamic validation provider for UML metamodel constraints
- Registry initialization utility for working with UML2 resources in a standalone environment
- Support for thread-local cache adapters
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
- Community Support - 5 committed, 0 deferred
- Compliance - 6 committed, 2 deferred
- Documentation hosted at http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=uml2
- Documentation (FAQ, Javadoc, articles, etc.) available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/UML2
- Example features/plug-ins available
This release has made some breaking changes to API (hence, it is a major release). See migration guide at http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/UML2/UML2_4.0_Migration_Guide .
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Non-API in “internal” namespace
- Some ‘discouraged access’ warnings in cases of metamodel extension (plug-in compatibility restricted to minor version)
Sample tools haven't changed.
Some APIs have been deprecated as part of this release.
Bugzilla snapshot for Juno as of June 5, 2012.
Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.5 specification revision underway; UML2 4.0 is compliant with 2.4.1 formal version.
- UML2 4.0 conforms to Eclipse User Interface Guidelines
- Eclipse platform standard i18n support used where applicable/possible; stand-alone deployment uses equivalent J2SE APIs
- ICU4J is used but optional; stand-alone deployments delegate to corresponding J2SE 5.0 APIs when ICU not available
- Language packs will be created as part of an Eclipse Translation Project
- Eclipse platform APIs used to provide accessible UI
MDT UML2 is a “+1” project in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/15/2011 M2 09/26/2011 M3 11/07/2011 M4 12/12/2011 M5 01/30/2012 M6 03/12/2012 API freeze M7 05/07/2012 Feature Freeze RC1 05/21/2012 RC2 05/28/2012 RC3 06/04/2012 RC4 06/11/2012 Juno 06/27/2012
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
The MDT UML2 project leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The MDT UML2 project IP log is located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.mdt.uml2 . The combined MDT generated log can be found at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.mdt .
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/uml2/project-info/plan.xml&component=UML2 .
Draft development plan for MDT UML2 4.1 is not yet available.