Locationtech Forge Migration
On December 11, 2017, the Eclipse Webmaster team will begin to migrate the Locationtech.org forge into the Eclipse.org forge.
To improve services to the working groups:
- Tighter integration with the Eclipse community and infrastructure.
- More reliable, and up-to-date infrastructure.
- Lower cost, lessen maintenance complexity, improve response times.
What will change
Code Forge items, such as Bugzilla, forums, will be migrated.
- Downloads hosted on download.locationtech.org will be moved to download.eclipse.org
- We will set up redirects
Top Level Project id will change from "technology" to "locationtech"
- Components in IPZilla will change from (e.g.) "locationtech.technology.geogig" to "locationtech.geogig"
Data from the LocationTech PMI instance will be migrated to projects.eclipse.org
- URLs will change from (e.g.) http://locationtech.org/projects/technology.geogig to http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/locationtech.geogig
- We will set up directs
- LocationTech projects will retain the LocationTech theme
- LocationTech-specific variant will be retired.
- Redirect will be established to the Eclipse Project Handbook
What won't change
www.locatontech.org website and @locationtech.org mailing lists will remain in place. Namespaces, such as org.locationtech.* will persist.
Git repositories on GitHub (github.com/locationtech) unchanged
Beginning Dec 11, 2017, the Webmaster team will migrate the items below to the Eclipse.org forge.
- Bugzilla: https://bugs.locationtech.org/
- JIPP - https://ci.locationtech.org/
- Wiki (including private SC Wikis): http://wiki.locationtech.org/Main_Page
- Downloads (if applicable)
- Nexus - repo.locationtech.org
- Project Handbook