This meeting is for those interested in the Location Industry Working group forming at Eclipse.
Time and Location
This is a meeting for those interested in the LocationTech Industry Working Group forming at Eclipse.
- SPECIAL GOOD NEWS: The Eclipse Foundation board has approved the proposal for the location working group today. The proposal included resolutions regarding hosting projects using MIT & BSD licenses. Select LGPL components can be redistributed (but not hosted). EPL remains the default and recommended license.
- Quick row call - See attendance for details.
- Stepped through Charter. Feedback/ suggested changes:
- Merge some of the core domain language from the landing page to the charter as it's a bit more clear. [COMPLETED]
- We may decide to segment the architecture and other committees by core domains in time as the group grows. For now we can lump them together as 1 architecture committee, 1 brand/marketing committee, etc. [no action]
- Take an initial stab at the number of seats & equation for the various committees/boards [COMPLETED]
- Be consistent about Steering Committee/Strategic and Solution/Participant [COMPLETED]
- Need to fix the text on certification, aiming at curating & managing incubation/maturity in this group [COMPLETED]
- The group was interested in more details on LTS. Quick feeling was it represents good value and is desirable to include. [COMPLETED, Andrew will share LTS info.]
- Add details of how votes are run, how the charter can be changed [COMPLETED]
- Consider elected committers to SC, arch, etc. [COMPLETED]
- Introduction to PDAL - Michael Gerlek <= bad luck had his phone die on him, we'll have to reschedule his session *again*.
- Naming proposal will be shared soon.
- Discussions have revealed the core domains which is enough to proceed. We'll do a survey once we get going.
- Next Steps to launch
- We agreed to a deadline of Friday, June 22nd to review & approve the charter. +1's on the mailing list please
- After which we'll announce it & the 30 day review period starts.
- Based on the above, tentatively aiming for mid-August to launch.
The following people attended:
- Andrew Ross - Eclipse Foundation
- Xavier Lopez - Oracle
- Dave McIlhagga - DM Solutions Group
- Craig Statchuk - IBM
- Geoff Zeiss - Autodesk
- Angela Demke Brown - University of Toronto
- Michael Gerlek - Independent consultant & member of OSGeo board
- Phil Bogden - RadiantBlue
- Jody Garnett - uDig & OSGeo member
- Thierry Badard - Spatialytics
There were a couple of beeps I didn't catch. If I missed you, please let me know & I'll update the list.
- Tyler Mitchell - Actian
- Daniel Morissette - Mapgears & member of OSGeo board
- Chris Holmes, Eddie Pickle - OpenGeo
- Ahmed Abukhater - Pitney Bowes
- Heather Leson - Ushahidi
- Mark Iliffe - World Bank