Skip to main content
Manual Valgrind Plugin Testing
- Install valgrind on your host system.
- Using a new or existing C/C++ project, right click it in the Project Explorer view and select Profile As -> Profile With Valgrind
- You can use these simple test projects. Import them via File->Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace->Select archive file.
- The Valgrind View should appear after execution finishes, if there are any memory management errors, they will appear inside of it.
- For further testing, right click the project again in the Project Explorer view and select Profile As -> Profile Configurations.
- Choose the Valgrind run configuration just created and select the "Valgrind Options" tab.
- Select the "Tool to run" drop-down, memcheck and massif should be listed, select massif and click "Profile".
- The Valgrind View should appear after execution finishes, tabular heap allocation data should be shown in it. Also a line chart of this data should appear as the active editor.
- Checkout all Valgrind plugin sources from Subversion
- Use this Project Set File
- See PSF for more details on Project Set Files
- Ensure no build errors with all Vaglrind plugins
- You will need dependencies such as EMF and BIRT installed; install these from the main Galileo or Helios update site
- Run the JUnit tests
- In org.eclipse.linuxtools.valgrind.memcheck.tests and org.eclipse.linuxtools.massif.tests, right click on AllTests.java and select Run As -> JUnit Plug-in Test
- All tests should pass