The M2M IWG will hold an open face-to-face meeting on October 28, 2013 before the start of EclipseCon Europe in Ludwigsburg, Germany. This meeting will be open to anyone that wants to better understand the activities and roadmap of the M2M working group.
Time and Date:
October 28, 2013
Forum am Schlosspark
Same location as EclipseCon Europe
- Project Updates
- Top-level Project
- Roadmap Discussion
- Eclipse for small devices (ARM)
- Target repository systems (Raspberry Pi (Debian), BeagleBone (Ubuntu))
- M2M Developer Day @ EclipseCon
- Demo systems
- Marketing Update
- web site
Please add you name below if you plan on attending this meeting. You do not need to be registered for EclipseCon Europe to attend.
- Ian Skerrett, Eclipse Foundation
- Benjamin Cabe, Sierra Wireless
- Jens Reimann, IBH SYSTEMS GmbH
- Marco Carrer, Eurotech
- Christiano , Eurotech
- Web Site
- Update web site to reflect new projects. Change Framework category to be 'Services and Frameworks'. [Ian S]
- Change the web site to point at demos from different M2M members. The web site should have a landing page and then redirect to the Live Demos
- M2M Day @ EclipseCon
- We will select 7 sessions for an M2M Day at EclipseCon. Suggested talks include PeopleCounte (Marco), MQTT session, and a potential tutorial.
- Areas of collaboration
- Can we develop a build system that will target common IoT paltforms like the Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone
- Collaborate on reducing the footprint size of projects to target small devices
- Collaborate on future use of MQTT
- Top-level Project
- Progress on the top-level project has slowed. The Eclipse Foundation would like to have a top-level project for M2M since we now have so many projects in the space.
- Steps forward include finalizing the charter, 2 co-leads identified and charter proposed to the board.
- Naming of Working Group
- We had a general discussion on the M2M name. Ian S pointed out that the industry seems to be moving towards IoT. Therefore should we change the name of the working group to Eclipse IoT.