Higgins 2.0 Wishlist
Wishlist for Higgins 2.0. See also Higgins 2.0 Project Plan
Personal Data Store
PDS Client 2.0 TODO:
- Running as Windows Service
- Running as OSX process
Attribute Service 2.0
- Attribute Service 2.0 Provides RESTful bindings over IdAS using at least the XDI protocol. The intent is to use JSR-311 (and Java 5.0) to create a multi-protocol framework. A RESTful version of XDI could be supported by such an approach. A "full" XDI (e.g. the XDI Engine) might have to sit "beside" this framework.
- Over time add support for other protocols such as Plaxo Portable Contacts, OpenSocial, etc.
Proposals, ideas and design work
- Higgins XDI Harmonization - how to harmonize the current Higgins dialect of XDI with what is being called PDX XDI
- HGraph - a new entity-centric API/layer above the current context-centric IdAS API/layer
- Bring forward the Higgins 1.1 identity services (STS, etc)
- Authentication Service 2.0 - new; implements OAuth/WRAP
In 2.0 we define Persona, our first "concrete" data model (aka schema, ontology and vocabulary). This is a data model for personal information about people.
We have made a few revisions to these underlying models:
IdAS Interface Changes
- Sub-contexts: what is our plan - are we going to implement sub-contexts using NG4Jena?
- Graph traversal: which are we going to implement?
- Walk a link to an entity in a different context and you get back the UDI or
- Walk a link to any entity and get back either the real thing or a lazily loaded proxy
- Some other idea
- Updating the model interface & hiding the model context