Extension Point Guidelines
When adding a new extension point please mind the following guidelines:
- The plug-in ID must be the same as the ID of the project defining the extension point
- The point ID must not be fully qualified. The name must be camel cased
- The point name must be understandable and give a good hint at what the extension point is doing
- The Description tab must contain a description for the extension point. If the point is experimental (API not fixed) add the following line:
This extension point is experimental and is likely to change in the future releases as the activity support evolves.
- The Since tab must contain the Version of the plugin since which it is part of the API. (Even if it is experimental). The Version format is maj.min, e.g. 1.1 .
- The Examples tab should contain an example of an usage of this extension point. Use the <pre></pre> tags to display markup.
- The API Information tab should contain a description of classes being used for defining this extension point.
- The Supplied Implementation tab should contain a description of a supplied implementation of this extension point, if one implementation is supplied.
- The Copyright tab must contain the copyright agreement, it look like this:
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 EclipseSource Muenchen GmbH and others. All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which accompanies this distribution, and is available at http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html The company name must be adjusted if necessary.
You can use HTML tags in all tabs. Use this possibility to improve the readability of your texts.