Equinox Minutes - 20080122
Graduation of Incubator Bundles
- graduation of OSGi Services bundles review scheduled for Jan 30
- created separate CQ for each project that was graduated
- created 6 for ProSyst bundles
- created IP Log
- IP log has to be approved by the Eclipse Foundation IP Team at least 1 week prior to graduation review
- might be some confusion in and around code coming from 3rd parties and code written in and around Eclipse
- p2 - enter 1 CQ
- need CQs for the 3rd party library code - sar, jbdiff
- when do you decide how many committers are moved over with the project? before the graduation review
3.4 Planning - Security
- looks good for the graduation dates
- 2 bundles: security, security.ui
- need to do a bit more API review for the UI APIs
- do we really want an API for 3.4?
- currently p2 might be the only immediate consumers, so could reference internals for now
- still worth having an API review, either way
- have been talking to Scott about ideas going forward
Graduation and Components
- how do things work when we graduate p2?
- is it a new component?
- what about bundles? one component per bundle?
- discussion deferred
- for now p2 goes into its own component, the rest go into Bundles
- should we investigate again about getting a phone number for having a public call?
- look into using the Foundation call-in number
- how can we be available to members of the community? other teams/projects use IRC
- John to investigate the creation of equinox channels on IRC
3.4 Planning - Server-Side
- Jetty 6 coming down the wire
- is just finishing up the IP clearance, then can be put into Orbit
- does the SDK need to upgrade?
- Simon to look at putting it in and determine how much work it will be
- Andrew had an idea about exposing the launcher's shared memory
- use it as a method of talking between Eclipse instances
- might be easier just to use a socket or something instead
- would we use it right away if we did something here?
- not for 3.4, perhaps later