Equinox Minutes - 20071023
October 23, 2007
Eclipse 3.4 M3 is next week...how do things look?
- SWT wants an HP-UX launcher - Bug 207087
- Intel contributed a launcher for 3.3
- Do we anticipate many launcher changes upcoming?
- being able to update root files
- open file in running Eclipse instance
- there was something done in this space in the summer of code
- Andrew/Pascal to investigate/summarize/prototype
There are some problems with the current notification support so we would like to make some changes.
- notifications are currently asynchronous. new support would have options for both synchronous and asynchronous event notification?
- Oleg to work with Tom/Pascal
- also some cache-related work
- More information is in bug 206936
- Tom will be creating a new incubator work area for OSGi framework stuff (next version of OSGi, etc)
- tentatively called OSGi Next
- will initially contain mostly framework changes
- to start, will populate with all the latest OSGi interfaces
- he will create a web page, etc and make it a real work area
- Tom released some changes to the 3.4 stream related to bug 194943