This page provides the required docuware for the EMFT Ecore Tools 0.10.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Helios Simultaneous Release.
Ecore Tools provides a complete environment to create, edit and maintain Ecore models. This component eases handling of Ecore models with a Graphical Ecore Editor and bridges to other existing Ecore tools, e.g., Validation, Search, Compare, and so on. The Graphical Ecore Editor implements multi-diagram support, a custom tabbed properties view, validation feedbacks, refactoring capabilities.
New in this release
- Maintenance only; there is nothing significantly noteworthy.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
- Compliance - 0 committed, 0 deferred
- Release Currency - 0 committed, 0 deferred
- Usability - 0 committed, 0 deferred
- Documentation hosted at [EMFT Web site | http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/?project=ecoretools]
- Documentation (FAQ, articles, etc.) available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Ecore_Tools.
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has not been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for Helios as of May 28, 2010.
Nothing has changed.
EMFT Ecore Tools is a “+3” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/17/2009 M2 09/28/2009 M3 11/09/2009 M4 12/14/2009 M5 02/01/2010 M6 03/15/2010 API freeze M7 05/03/2010 Feature Freeze RC1 05/17/2010 RC2 05/24/2010 RC3 05/31/2010 RC4 06/07/2010 RC5 06/14/2010 Helios 06/23/2010
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the EMFT newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
Ed Merks was added as a committer.
The EMFT Ecore Tools component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The EMFT Ecore Tools Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.emft.ecoretools
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/ecoretools/project-info/plan.xml&component=ecoretools.
Draft development plan for EMFT Ecore Tools 0.11.0 is not yet available.