< VIATRA | DeveloperMeetingMinutes(Redirected from EMFIncQuery/DeveloperMeetingMinutes/Meeting20130521)
Bugzilla cleanup policy
- created version "0.8.x"
- assigned version field correctly
- M3-M4 within 0.7.x for now, Mx can be reused for 0.8.x later on
- ---/0.8.x contains issues that are planned to be addressed
- Future/unspec contains "future" issues
Recommended Bugzilla link for overview
Issues to be discussed
- can https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=405291 be closed?
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404952 (erroneous project registration) is worrying
- interesting (needs assignee)
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=398758 (Map view of matches?)
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404262 (NPEs are flying when moving EIQ files around)
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=398735 (IQException dependency chain)
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=398911 (Type checking of EJavaObject)
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=398775 (pattern def traceability of engine)
- "can it be closed?"
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=399139 (@Constraint strings escaping)
- interesting (needs assignee)
Change log proposal
- Basic API changes
- generated package restructuring
- MatcherFactory -> QuerySpecification
- Matcher initialization: use IncQueryEngine and initialize it first, using .on()
- pattern group renamed
- Advanced API changes
- unmanaged vs advanced engine, initialization
- query specification: registry, use cases?
- change processing callbacks
- can QuerySpecification be entirely removed from basic API docs? - yes
- should DeltaMonitor be removed entirely from advanced API docs? - yes
Discussions with Ed
- "Xtext 2.3 vs 2.4": Ed recommends to go with 2.4 for the 0.7 release already, create backwards compatible version only on demand
- Preparations for the release: You need to produce a short set of slides/pages that include a summary of the IP contributions in that release. If you follow the cross projects mailing list you'll see Ed Willink posted some notes about links for querying such a summary. Best to have a look at what some other projects have done for past releases.
- Moving out of incubation: It's too late to join Kepler for this release. As part of a release review, you can do a graduation review as well. It's basically the same thing.
- Xcore integration: He'll take a look at our proposal (very little time before Kepler). We should opt for an extension (rather than direct modification) of Xcore, if possible.
- Istvan: ASAP push out M3 if possible, generate and publish Javadoc on the web
- all: please review your M4 tickets, push to future if necessary
- Zoli: investigate release/graduation preparations, pursue action items (slides etc)
- dynamic EMF
- Tomi: please synchronize the branch with current master (post-refactor)
- Andris: please review Tomi's dynamic branch after synchronization and merge if possible
- Tomi: please plan Xcore integration according to Ed's suggestion
- Istvan: update the documentation (API, cheat sheet) ASAP