EDT:0.7.0 Planning:Iteration 5
Focus for Innovate
- showcasing the extensibility concepts
- relaunching our EDT website presence, including collateral
- resolve infrastructure problems on Eclipse (Jon) - pages aren't loading correctly
- basic content that shows we are a live site - banner, doc, samples, etc.
- extensibility paper (Jeff) - extending gen/run, and plugging it into the IDE
- planning information - share with our open community, get some discussions going to shown signs of life
- how do we get tied into the overall Eclipse communications
- talk to eclipse to understand better how we should hook in so that non-EGL eclipse users would hear about us.
- building 3rd party community
- ASIST is working toward a contribution to the IDE - even if they can't get the contribution together by June, we should be showing the discussion about it in the mailing list, so other people can see that this is going on, and that non-IBM contributions really will be made. We need to get our talks with ASIST out of emails, and onto the website (once the website is working correctly).
- ClearBlade - EGLdoc contribution - get this conversation going on the mailing list.
- we should initiate mailing list entries about the additional code that we are contributing. IDE code - explain about the extensibility, and any other differences for RBD. Debug from SMAP - explain how that works
- enabling business partners - we haven't been hearing requests, but we should contact them this week to see what they are working toward for Innovate, and if it requires anything additional from us in the driver.
- ASIST - Tim
- ClearBlade - Will
- Xact - Tim
- Synobsys if we get the RUI widgets out there
- demo - desire is still for a thin path for RUI calling services that do database access. Don't necessarily need the editor, more JS gen/run. But the message is more important than the running driver.
- do we need to have a frozen beta driver for anybody who wants to download a driver, or just have the daily builds. This would be an integration build that would be frozen on some known level that we have run on.
Also need to be planning toward EDT 0.7.0 - end of August - we need to be working toward that now, because it will take us longer than just June-Aug to get what we want there. We will just continue building up our functional driver toward 0.7.0 in August. Whatever we have in June is what we will show at Innovate
- debug - will fill Justin's time
- IDE - preferences & editor stuff rolled forward from I4. Also refinements of the generator preferences interface (note from Will) - highest priority
- Services - roll forward from I4.
- Compiler - front end needs to be design, and then tasked. Also the utility to create IRs - Tim needs to poll the BPs to see whether this is urgent in this time frame, or have they already worked around it. If not urgent, then Paul should focus on the front end redesign.
- Jeff - first focus is to publish a draft of the paper. Then back to generator work.