Quite a number of people have expressed interest in a half-day session related to topics around
OSS Compliance and Governance
during the Eclipse Community Day at EclipseCon Europe 2018. Topics that were mentioned included general governance, Open Source Projects related to OSS-G, Supply-Chain Collaboration around OSS-G and many more.
This page will help collect thoughts, topics and potential contributions (e.g., short talks and presentations). Please log in with your Eclipse Foundation account and add your thoughts and contributions to the list. Do so as soon as possible because this page will serve as the community outreach tool. If you know others that might be interested in contributing and participating, please share this page with them.
We will add more details on time and location (Monday afternoon, October 22, 2018 at Forum in Ludwigsburg).
Please add your ideas and thoughts below!
- OSS development principles applied to OSS / 3rd party software license compliance
- OSS tooling to ease license compliance work - an overview
- OSS 3rd party license compliance processes
- OSS licensing challenges - we have to fix it upstream
- Open Source Management with the Eclipse SW360 project family - Lars Geyer-Blaumeiser (Bosch Software Innovations)
- Managing catalogues of OSS and Inner Source components in use and identifying further candidates for use (and stay up-to-date)
- Enforcing OSS policies and governance as soon as possible in the process
- Getting developers involved with governance, early (as opposed to slapping their fingers, late)