Skip to main content
Dali Weekly Meeting
- Do we ever plan on supporting multiple persistence units? Work on JPA 2.0 Delimited Identifiers could be done in a way that would lend itself to multiple persistence unit support. This would be more difficult, but good if we are supporting multiple PU's in the future.
- Can we need to remove the Utility Facet? What are the implications? What is the desired use case for SE and EE scenarios?
- Let's talk about this more next week when Paul is back.
- Should JPA 2.0 be enabled for Java 1.5 facet?
- Metamodel @Generated is a problem in this case, otherwise running in 1.5 shouldn't be a problem.
- (Shaun) should just not use @Generated in 1.5 faceted projects, only use in 1.6 - would need to change logic to recognize metamodel without relying on @Generated annotation
- (Neil) we should try to support this case unless we determine some technical reason or functional reason why we cannot. Appears to be doable.
- What should the preselected Facet configuration be (JPA1.0 or JPA2.0 or calculated(if that is even possible))?
- (Shaun) Not completely obvious. Shaun will go back and do some research, but lets default to JEE 6 JPA 2.0 JDK 1.6 for now.
- (Shaun) we could also add configuration for JPA 2.0 w/ Java 1.5 and 1.6,