DTP project meeting, October 27, 2010
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Hemant Kolwalkar (IBM)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- Hemant updated the Sybase model and put notice in the newsgroup and dev mailing list
- Fitz will bump 280853 from 1.8.2 to 1.9
- Fitz is investigating 328738, which is an Connectivity API problem reported by JBoss. Will fix in 1.9. Will probably also include a fix for 283148.
- Brian P. asked about plugin versioning when making a change in multiple releases (ie, 1.8.2 and 1.9). (This isn't covered in our DTP plugin versioning document.) We decided to follow the "natural" increment in each stream. That is, we won't add "n" to either release in an attempt to avoid conflicts. The build team handles feature versions for each release to make them different.
- Fitz said there isn't any new response to his survey, so he will summarize and post the findings in his blog.
- EclipseCon 2011 is open for talk submissions. Discounts look good this year. So far, Fitz is planning to do a short talk for some JBoss work. Submission deadline is Nov. 30.
- Hemant has a question regarding the Sybase vendor docs. Looks like they need to be updated, but Sybase is not around any more.