Jump to: navigation, search

DTP project meeting, November 30, 2011

Back to DTP Meetings, 2011 page


Attendees

  • Linda Chan (Actuate)
  • Brian Payton (IBM)

Minutes

  • The Build team has the "tag-less" build process going (we think).
  • Brian F. asked if there is a way to automate updating the plugin versions. Linda and Brian P. discussed this and feel that it wouldn't be simple to automate setting the major/minor versions correctly, but it would be be useful to have a tool that identifies what plugins have changed in a release. Then we could decide how to set the versions based on that. Linda will check with the Build team to see if they can provide that information.
  • Brian P. will begin the committer nomination process for Pierre Queinnec.
  • Brian P. asked John Arthorne on the Platform team about the Platform's plans for moving to Java 6. He said that or Juno, the help system will require Java 6 to run. Brian will post something in the DTP mailing list about moving to Java 6 to get feed back from the community.
  • Both BIRT and WTP depend on DTP, and would be affected by DTP moving. Linda is already engaged with the BIRT team. Brian P. will check with David Williams (WTP lead) to see if they have any problem with DTP moving.