DTP project meeting, July 27, 2011
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- The 1.9.1 build based on the Git repository is ready.
- There is still an open issue for what to do if we need to make a change to an earlier release and build it.
- The platform has this problem also
- Suggestion: leave CVS writeable, but remove the HEAD branch content (so people won't make changes to a "1.9.1" stream that is not used)
- Another suggestion: since CVS history was moved over to Git, it should be theoretically possible to build an old release from Git.
- Actuate might need to do this (that is, update and build an existing release level)
- Our current thinking is that we will go with the first suggestion