Cosmos Architecture Meeting 29-Nov-07
- Saraub Dravid
- Valentina Popescu
- Hubert Leung
- Ali Mehregani
- Bobby Joeseph
- Tania Makins
- Sheldon Leeloy
- Don Ebright
- Joel Hawkins
- David Whiteman
Bugzilla process for Enhancement Requests and testing
This is documented at COSMOS Development Process We are proposing that we amend the development process to include:
- Clarify that this applies to bug and enhancements
For Step #2 Add
- The testing and verification information (e.g. specific test cases) MUST be included in the bugzilla entry as a comment when the developer marks it "Fixed"
- When the test cases (JUnit/Manual) are checked in, they MUST have the bugzilla entry number specificed that they test
- The test case description MUST include the bugzilla entry that it addresses
For Step #3: Add... If the user is not available/capable to verify the code, then it is the responsibility of the component owner to validate the code and move the bugzilla entry to "Verify"
For Step #4 modify the wording to be: "Prior to the start of the next iteration..."
Distribution via a Virtual Image
- It would be interesting to kick this up to Bjorn. (Mark will send a note)
- The goal is pre-configured everything....
- Larger consumeability issue
- Can this be a simple pre-configured "virtual drive"?
- We already have eclipse authority to use/ship Tomcat. Why can't we ship a preconfigured runtime that does this.
- There is a concern that we should not require any commercial implementation/software. While the VMWare player is not open, it is free
- Everyone is up for an all-in-one package with a wizard.
Common Error Management System 209227
- Like the idea of using WSDM spec as guidance
- Is there any impact in the annotation work?