The focus for this milestone release is improving the out-of-box experience. This is the last milestone release for Coronas. As of M10, Corona should be functional complete. Only those new features that are a must-have will be introduced into this milestone release.
|Planned Start Date
||Apr 9, 2007
||Planned Finish Date
||May 4, 2007
The list of items scheduled for this release are defined within Bugzilla
- WSDM Enablement
- Service start/stop
- Create / Update / Delete
- Apache Derby 10.1.2.1 (Orbit)
- Apache Jackrabbit
Project User Experience
- Handle Server Shutdown
- Wizard for adding project container
- Bug item 182712
- Scope of the wizard:
- Container name (required)
- Create team repository (required)
- Add team members (required)
- Add repositories - projects, web pages (optional)
- Current mechanism for adding empty container won't work; it doesn't contain the team member repository as well as a first user, so you won't be able to open such container
Can adding a new ProjectContextContainer be done manually? It seems this could be supported with documentation.
- User Authentication
- While opening project container there should be login dialog. Using system login name wouldn't work well in production.
- Some password protection should also available.
- Could it replace the login to chat.
Security has been a known open issue. We will need to build our authentication / authorization model based upon Higgins identity management. Corona plans to address security in follow-up release. Recommend continuing using the JVM “user.name” and assume that user has already been validated by the local workstation (e.g. WinXP, Linux desktop).
- Corona ProjectContainer Guest
- Bugzilla item 181795
- Not sure of this one.
- If we would like to expose an example container at our vserver, having User_A, User_B, ... User_Z might not be a best solution. There might be conflicts - several people would login as User_A for instance.
- So a unique temporary guest users could be added, so that they can participate fully in the container - chat, events, etc.
- Should the guest account be automatically removed when user logs out?
- Adding projects to container by right-click -> add to container; dragging could also be an option
- For new we could require that the project is already shared
- In future I think the code could identify SCM repository and use its settings to share project first, and then add to container
New features for project scope
- I liked the Mylar functionality with Corona (expert, etc). Would it be difficult to update it for Mylar provided with Europa?
- ECF Shared Editor
- Add an action "Start shared editor"; an event with shared editor settings is sent and others get an dialog if they want to join; if yes, session settings from event are taken
- Seems to be simple to do :)
- Indicator that a resource has a newer version in CVS; or at least information that there was some CVS check in
- Showing status of resources in the whole team
- show indicators that someone is working on a given file, some removed a file, etc.
- probably difficult
- when should the state be cleared?
- would require some server-side state caching; otherwise when starting IDE you would always have a clear state, even though someone may be working on resources
- would require consultation with usability experts
- RSS viewer bug 156275
- Calendar (iCal) viewer bug 159606
- Project checkout to working group with container name (probably very simple) - bug 170600
- plugin - org.eclipse.corona.doc
- Collaboration Framework
- Exemplary Implementation