Minutes - 2/8/07 COSMOS Project Team Meeting
Attendees: Toni Drapkin, Judy, Don Ebright, Oliver, Mark Weitzel, Rich, Craig Thomas, Seava
- Craig needs to close with Sheldon and Don on statistical data model
- Toni will get an integrated project view for iterations 1-3. Each leader should post their scheuleds here:
Project leaders Update: Resource Modeling Update - Mark Weitzel (for Steve & Valentina)
- Mark believes SMLIF editor will be sufficient, but we need to check with Steve and Valentina to be sure
- There is a meeting on this tomorrow at 11am ET. We should ask Steve to update the status after that meeting
- In addition, he should add any additional milestones that are required
Data Reporting Update- Craig
- The information on the web site is a week stale
- All reports are still in progress. They are done for the most part, but there is new API work that is being added.
- The demo of the system will be completed by Feb. 9 - all is expected to be functional by COB in Toronto today
- Marias' work is all done
- Khalid owns the rework of the SMLIF document - that has been completed
- Everything upstream of Sheldon is completed - he will finish the items on the first 3 rows by COB today
- Mark will ping them at 6pm today to be sure - we need to get the code into CVS - still awaiting results of the audit
- Sheldon is working an urgent milestone - updating the set of instructions to make sure they are complete - expect to complete EOD today or early tomorrow
- We need to add statistical data report milestone - all dependencies have already been met.
- Sheldon won't have a problem meeting this date. Still have dependency on demo data set.
- Is Hubert hooking up his query API for statistical data to existing TPTP statistical data model in the ENF? They (TPTP) have made a database representation.
- There are 120 database tables in his schema - which is a slam of the ENF model into sequel format. It seems nonsensical to manufacture the data in any way except to use TPTP to import into a log file
- We will be iterating list of milestones for iteration 2
Update - Don
- Don has no deliverables for March
- Real deliverables are for June
- The demo is independent of a collection framework
- Joel is working on some things for show-and-tell, but no actual deliverables for the demo itself
- Should have beginnings of project plan toward iteration 2
- We might need Joel to jump in to make sure we get everything working
Design Documents for June deliverable
- So far we've outlined some good high-level objectives and have started executing on them (demo and work in Toronto)
- To mature the project, we need to be able to clearly articulate what we're going to do and end up with a project that can be generally consumed
- We need a set of design documents that articulate this for each of the components - should target completing this by EclipseCon so that we can review documents while we are all there
- Oliver - We wanted to build a community at EclipseCon. Don't our plans depend on this? Yes, but we need to be able to answer the question "What are you going to build?"
- We need to be careful about disclosing exact plans until after EclipseCon
- Short term deliverables won't be much of a match for what people will be interested in. We should also have a high-level view of what we will bring in terms of value longer-term so that people can see how they fit in.
- The design documents will be used to drive deliverables for iterations 2-n for June release
- We have a call tomorrow to talk about what messaging we want to use at EclipseCon
- We need to close on a schedule for EclipseCon. Available spots are filling up rapidly, so meeting space may be a problem.
- Per note from Bjorn and Ward, we have until tomorrow to reserve rooms for BOF's or other meetings
- We also need a room for Mon. night and Thurs. night to have face-to-face working sessions at those times
- Toni will send a note to Ward to request room space
- Oliver will see if Florence can help Toni with logistics
- Mark will open 4 bugzilla requests (one for each component) for the design documents
Website Update - Richard
- Richard is making progress - finally got CVS to work
- He should have something up by tomorrow morning following the new format
- He will post a note to the dev mailing list as soon as it is up there - Toni will post a note in the morning if she sees the site is up and she hasn't seen a note from Richard
New committer status
- Toni sent another query to Bjorn and Sharon- Sharon responded that they may not take the full 2 weeks. She will put a priority on the new committer forms that we're waiting on. Toni will check back with her on Wednesday.