BIRT PMC Minutes - Monday, March 31, 2008
< To: BIRT PMC Minutes
Monday, March 31, 2008 @ 10am Pacific.
- Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
- Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation
- Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation
- Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions
Unable to Attend
- Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
No meeting next week due to travle schedules.
BIRT 2.3 Development
Development work for M6 is progressing, with M6 continuing to be scheduled for Public Access on April 15.
BIRT 2.3 is the next major release of BIRT and part of the Eclipse Ganymede Simultaneous Release. BIRT 2.3 is scheduled to be release in June 2008.
The Development Plan for BIRT 2.3 is available on the Eclipse BIRT Project Development Plan pages. The Milestone schedule for the release is available in the timeline section of the Ganymede project page (BIRT is a "+2" project in this schedule).
For a list of bugs assigned to the release, refer to Bugzilla: BIRT 2.3 Assigned Bugs in Bugzilla.
Bi-Directional Support (BiDi)
The team continues to work on this with IBM. Although there is no commitment for 2.3, we would still like to see as much of this contribution make it into BIRT 2.3 as possible. One approach would be to phase the work, with key elements making it into BIRT 2.3 and additional changes in subsequent releases (possibly 2.3.1). The IBM team are currently prioritizing the changes which will help as we look at where the changes can be incorporated.
For general background on this contribution, refer to the discussion of IBM's potential contribution of BiDi support in BIRT at the Feb 11, 2008 PMC meeting.
The contribution to the project has been submitted via Bugzilla #22072.
Two new committers have been approved by the existing Committers and PMC:
- Yu Chen
- Heng Li (pending the final paperwork process)
Welcome on board!
- IBM Rational Software Development Conference 2008 on June 1-5, 2008 - Walt DisneyWorld Swan and Dolphin Hotel, California - 2 Sessions on BIRT
- EclipseWorld 2008 on October 28-30, 2008 - Reston, VA - 2 Sessions on BIRT
|Developing an Eclipse BIRT XML Report Rendering Extension By Jason Weathersby, Iana Chatalbasheva, and Tom Bondur||March 2008||Developer.com|
Full list of major articles can be found on the Wiki page for BIRT Project Articles.
Other articles, tips and techniques, demos and other resoures can be found on the BIRT Exchange community site.