- Nick Boldt - RedHat
- Michael Spector - Zend Technologies
- Koen Aers - RedHat
- Roy Ganor - Zend Technologies (organizer)
Moving the project under Tools top-level project
- We propose to move the project from the Web Tools top-level project into the Tools top-level project. The move will stir up visibility to the Ajax tools. The Tools top-level project is also a natural place for tooling projects such as PHP Development Tools (PDT), AJDT, C/C++ Tools.
- All four attendees voted +1
The four phases plan
Four phases to revive the community:
- Phase 1 Plan:
- Build up the infrastructure needed for collaborative community under the Tools top-project.
- Automate the build process for the ATF project so people can be updated on our work.
- Align the code base to the latest Eclipse stream (Galileo)
- define the minimal set of features that are needed in order to run this project
- Phase 2 Plan:
- stabilization, key bug fixing
- add "eval source" debugger support
- introduce key experimental APIs and extensions points
- packaging and integration with browser (and XULRunner) (pending IP review)
- Phase 3 Plan:
- strengthen core
- support for latest Firefox/Xulrunner versions (technical + IP review)
- formalize build/test cycle
- Phase 4 Plan: Incubation Exit requirements
- NLS support, string externalization
- API documentation
- Determine internal/external classes. Rename packages.
- Remove unneeded dependencies, General cleanup of code
- Formalize APIs and Extension points
- Test plans and JUnit test.
- Conform to next release milestone release plan
- Review bug
- Graduation Review/Requirements
Proposed Continuation Review
Continuation review is available at http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dwx337f_84ch57sbfq